Chapter Twenty Three

-Jana pov-

I sat in Dave's office, feet up on the desk with my laptop on my lap. One of my hands slowly did work, the other digging in a bag of chips. It had been a slow week at the house. We had gotten filming done last week so this week was editing and planning.

Grayson and I had gone on a couple more dates. Some doing active things like hiking, and others were simply going to the movies or shopping. It was nice. There was no pressure, felt like it didn't need a label. I liked it, I liked him. I didn't realize how much I needed someone like him in my life. A man who was fun and loving and respectful. Someone who pushed me to my limits but always knew I would have fun. I needed him.

I licked my fingers, wiping my hand off on my pants. I just had a little more to do then I can go home to my takeout and old comfy couch. As much as I love the twin's house, there truly is no place like home. And if I have learned anything over the years; home is also where you make it. Maybe someday this could be my home...but not yet.

A knock sounded on the door, it opening moments later. "Hey." Grayson's head popped in.

"Hey!" I smiled, hoping I didn't have chip dust on my chin or frizzy hair.

"Have a moment?"

"Yeah, I'm just about finished up."

Grayson nodded politely, closing the door behind him before he came inside the small room, taking a seat across from me.

Although he was quiet, it was hard to get work done with him so close. The soft smell of his cologne seemed suffocating but in the best way possible. I tried to not glance up at his wind blown hair and sparkling eyes. He entranced me sometimes, in the way he held himself so confidently and proudly.

It took longer than it would have without him in the room but I finished my work for the day, shutting my laptop. A smirk dancing across his lips as I stood, walking around the desk to face him. His hands were on my hips within seconds, pulling me closer.

"Take a seat babe."

I obliged, making myself comfortable as I sat sideways in his lap. Grayson cradled me, tilting his head so that I could rest my own on his shoulder. "You wanted to talk?"

He hummed, his chest rumbling against my shoulder. "I got you something."

"You give too much Gray-."

He shushed me. "Because I want to Jana, I like to spoil you and I plan to do so much more in the future."

"I can't do the same for you Grayson."

His thumb traced down my cheek. "I don't expect anything back babe. Now." He patted my back. "Let's go, I want to show you."

I didn't respond, getting up from his lap, and we took hands as we left the room. He led me to his room, a silly grin on his face. He closed the door behind us, guiding me over to sit on the bed.

"Close your eyes." He commanded.

I shook my head, chuckling at his antics but I closed my eyes nonetheless. I listened to him rustle around, muttering under his breath.

"Okay hold open your hands." he said softly. I held my hands up, surprised by the little object that he set on my hands. "Open your eyes."

I glanced down at my hands fo see a little box, much like a ring box but wider. Grayson grinned up at me, gesturing me to open it up. I opened the box, gasping at the sight of two beautiful diamond earrings sitting inside the crushed velvet.

"I remembered the time you told me that you wanted diamond earrings, so I got you some. If they're the wrong cut we can exchange them-."

"No, no they're perfect Gray. Oh this is too much!" I pecked his lips. "Thank you."

"Of course Jana, like I said I want to spoil you." He smiled warmly.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, breathing in his soothing scent. I truly did appreciate him and how much he does for me, but I can't help but feel helpless since I can't be the same person for him. Part of me wants to have an equal relationship, a relationship where we are both able to give each other the same amount of love. I don't want him to feel like he always must do the most to make me happy. I'm happy simply being with him, the extra gifts and trips don't define us.

"I'll cherish them," I muttered.

"Good." He kissed the soft skin behind my ear. "I want to cover you in diamonds one day."

I chuckled, pulling away from him. "I don't think I could pull that off."

He pushed a piece of hair behind my ear. "Oh, I think you could." I blushed under his intense gaze, shifting uncomfortably.

"I need to get home Grayson, to shower and stuff."

"You could shower here."

"I know, but I would like to sleep in my own bed." I avoided his confused look, standing up and staring at the beautiful gems in my hand.

"Oh, uh okay. I can take you now."

"Thanks." I called goodbye to Ethan as we left the house, grabbing my various items on the way out. Grayson held the car door open for me and soon we were off. As usual, his windows were rolled down and he blasted music. It was nice since I did not feel like talking.

I held back an audible sigh when Grayson parked outside my apartment building, getting out of the car to let me out. Maybe he just wants to open my door? Nope, he took my hand to walk me inside. I knew he was just being kind so I allowed him to walk me upstairs.

I turned before we rounded the corner to face my apartment door. "Look, I hope I didn't hurt your feelings, it's just been a long day-."

"What the hell..." Grayson muttered, walking past me.

"What?" I spun on my heel, instantly stopping in my tracks as I saw the person who sat in front of my door, his head down but his dark hair was as recognizable as the sun.

"Who are you?" Grayson balled his hands into fists.

The man lifted his head, a drunken grin on his face. "T-that's a great question," he slurred.

I pushed Grayson back. "I can handle this," I said under my breath. "What are you doing here?" I directed at the figure before me, hands shaking at my sides.

He looked up at me, eyes bloodshot. "Why Jana, aren't you excited to see your dear brother?"