Chapter 26

Dustin was speaking into the walkie talkie, "Bald eagle, do you copy? I repeat, this is scoops troop, do you copy?"

"I think that's a great name, I'm amazing, I know." I said while nudging Steve in the arm. "Hey Robs? Would you like to dance in this beautiful moonlight?" I held my hand out to her, bowed and raised my head slightly. She blushed and put her hand on mine. We walked slightly away from the others. I put my hands on her hips, and she put her hands around my neck. We swayed to the beat in my head, under the pale moonlight.

"So... are you ready now?" I asked her.

"What do you think? Of course I am, I mean, no one platonically kisses someones neck, right? But, lets plan the first date,"

I spun her around.

"Hmm, maybe a picnic! On the hill of our first kiss!"

"That sounds like a date."

"That was a bit random, you know, the world could be ending, and we're just dancing, I mean, dancing,"

"If the world was ending, I'd happily dance with you."

I dipped her and then went in for a kiss, glad I didn't drop her. I put her up right and she walked over to the others.

"What's the my little pony thesis?" I heard her say faintly.

I sat on the soft grass and looked into the bright moon. I felt a sharp pain in my hand. I looked down to see a ball of fire running along the grass.

"Shit!"

I chased the fire, it seemed like an overactive puppy. It didn't spread, just bounced around. I crouched next to it and it seemed to make a little noise.

"Hey there..." I put out my hand for it to sniff. Practically a puppy. It moved closer slowly, and it came right up to me, "What are you?" 

"Hey Harls, come see this."

The little fire ball got frightened and disappeared, leaving a dark patch were it once was.

I walked over to the gang.

"Hey guys- what the hell is that?" The lights of starcourt could be seen from weathertop, but they were flickering. 

"Griswold family, this is scoops troop! Do you copy, over." Dustin said rapidly.

Dustin repeated his urgent message. I walked down the hill towards the car.

"Where are you going?"

"To get the people I've see grow up, survive another night."

"I'm coming with you." Steve said.

"Me too," Robin replied.

"Are you sure- I mean this is a life or death mission."

"I'm sure."

"Wait! Robin!" Dustin shouted at her while tossing a walkie talkie, "Stay in touch."

"Got it."