Chapter 16

Running.

Screaming.

Crying.

That's the only thing I could do. Run. My feet moved faster than my mind. I didn't know where I was, but I had to get away from THOSE people. There guns went of in the distance, Dogs were barking. Helicopters flew over the top of my head. My hands glowed red, My feet were glowing red. My clothes were ripped from all the branches in the forest. I tripped over my feet. I didn't look back. I picked myself up off the floor and emerged from the forest. The police station was in front of me. I looked behind and saw...

I woke up rapidly, out of breath and surrounded by sweat. That nightmare... it seemed too real. It was different this time. I could hear a voice in the back of my head. Saying 'I need you to run. Run. RUN!' I shook of the feeling you get after a nightmare, the one where you feel alone.

I got up out of bed to see Max and El staring at me weirdly.

"Are you ok...?" Max asked me while shaking her head slightly.

"Yeah, just a bad dream, nothing to worry about."

I looked in my mirror and saw something strange in my eyes, I looked closer and saw that they had a slight red tinge to my iris. Why was there so much red on my body? Even in my dreams...

"Ok.. gotta get showered and changed for work, see ya ladies."

I walked over to the bathroom and turned on the slightly dirty shower and got undressed. The shower was cold when I walked in. I felt light breath on my shoulder. I turned around, but nothing was there. Was I turning crazy? The cold water felt great on my skin. It was burning hot. I thought about last night, and how me and Robin kissed. It never felt better, but it seemed Robin wasn't ready. And I don't think I was either.

I got out of the shower and wrapped my towels around my body and hair. I walked out of the bathroom and in to my bedroom. Max and El were still there. I turned around to see Max staring at me.

"You ok?" I asked Max. She looked away shyly and blushed slightly. I smiled at her and went back to the bathroom to get changed, for privacy, of course. It seemed Max might have a little crush.