Chapter 19

Me and the others were on top of the roof, eyeing the loading dock. Robin talked over the walkie talkie with Erica.

"Erica, do you copy?"

"Mm-hmm. I copy. You nerds in position or what?"

"Yeah, we're in position."

"It's all quiet here,so you've got the green light."

"Green light, roger that. Commence Operation Child Endangerment,"

"Can we maybe not call it that?" I asked Erica, as she completely ignored me.

"See you on the other side."

"All right, nerds. I'm there."

"Do you-- Do you see anything?"

"Yeah, I see those boring boxesyou're so excited about."

"Any guards?"

"Negative."

"Booby traps?"

"If I could see them, they'd be pretty shit traps, wouldn't they,"

"Thank you for that,"

"I'm in."

"Oh thank god." I muttered under my breath. The doors buzzed and opened. Erica stood there in a sassy pose.

"Free ice cream. For. Life."

Steve opened the imperial panda box to see a metal case inside. He turned a crank on the lid, and lifted it off. A light vapor drifted from the case and several lay in front of us.

"I don't think thats chinese food," I said while looking down disgusted at them. Steve started to grab one, but then stopped.

"I think you guys should stand back." Robin and Erica backed away, but me and Dustin stayed next to him.

"No." 

"Just- Just step back, okay?"

"No!"

"Step back, seriously,"

"No, if you die, we die,"

We stared at Steve, "Okay."

Steve put in his hand to grab a canister, revealing that they had green goo inside. 

"What?" I asked while going to touch it.

"What is that?" Asked Robin while coming closer. The room shook and I was flung against the wall and fell to the ground.

"Harley?" they all shouted at me.

"I'm fine," I said while trying to get up. Robin walked towards me shakily and sat down next to me.

"What button do I press, Erica?" Dustin said, slightly panicking. I kind off lost my hearing at that point, my mind was full of a painful noise. I put my hands to my ears and scrunched my nose. Robin turned to me and panicked. I looked at her with pain in my eyes. She held my hand tightly, and didn't let go. The room shook again. The lights passed through the little crack in the door. The elevator was going DOWN. I was pressed against the wall next to Robin. I held her hand as tight as I could.

I fell asleep after the elevator plummeted to the ground, I've always fallen asleep in stressful situations. I woke up Robin speaking,

"Can you please re-direct your stream?" a stream of water was falling from the corner of the roof. I stood up and walked up beside Robin and Erica.

"Hey, sleepy, you good? I don't know how you could sleep at a time like this."

I nodded my head and rubbed my eyes slightly.

"Erica, what the hell are you doing?" I asked her, she was trying to open the mysterious goo.

"This could be useful!"

"Useful how?" 

"We can survive down here a long time without food, but if the human body doesn't get water, it will die."

"I hate to break it to you, but that is NOT water."

"No, but it's a liquid, and if it comes down to me drinking that shit, or dying of thirst, I drink."

A noise caught be by surprise and I pressed my ear to the door, "We've got company."

The Guards leave the elevator and Steve hopped down with the cylinder and put it under the closing door. 

"Lets go!" We all slid under the door as it was just about to close. It slammed down and the goo was released. It melted through the floor.

"Jesus christ,"

"You still wanna drink that?" I asked Erica.

"Holy mother of god,"

We turned to see a Death star tunnel stretching for what looks like miles.

"Well. I hope you guys are in good shape, looking at you, roast beef,"