Chapter 13

~Harleys POV~

Robin glumly handed a father and daughter there ice creams, "Have a nice day," she said emotionless.

Dustin walked in, smiling at Robin.

"Hi,"

"Hi,"

"I'm Dustin,"

"I'm... Robin"

"Are they here?"

"Are who here?"

Me and Steve busted through the door, "HENDERSON!" we both exclaimed as we saw the toothless boy standing in front of us. 

"HE'S BACK!" I screamed as I made my way towards him.

"I'm back! You guys got the job!"

"We got the Job!" said Steve. They did there iconic handshake.

"How many kids are you guys friends with?" asked Robin with a disgusted look, directed at Steve.

His smile faded.

"No way, hotter than Phoebe Cates?" Steve asked, while I sat in the booth.

"Brilliant, too. And she doesn't even care that my real pearls are coming in. She says kissing is better without teeth," 

"That's great dusty, good for you." I said while pinching his cheeks. I left to let the boys talk. I started helping robin with cleaning up the counter.

"I INTERCEPTED A SECRET RUSSIAN COMMUNICATION!" screamed Dustin. Everyone turned to look at him. He looked embarrassed and looked down. I went over to the booth again and slid in.

"Dustin? What the hell?" I said in a hushed whisper as I slammed my hands on the table.

"What does that mean?" Steve asked while looking at me like a crazy person.

"It means, Steve, we could be heroes. True American Heroes." said Dustin obviously addressing Steve.

"Ah.. American heroes," replied Steve.

"Just think, you guys could have all the ladies you want. And More" said Dustin.

"Why would Steve need the ladies, Dustin?" I asked him while narrowing my eyes.

"Whats the catch?" Steve asked him.

"No catch, I just need need your help."

"With what?"

"Translation."

Erica and her entourage walked into the store. She asked for multiple samples. 

"Can I try the peppermint stick?" She asked me.

"Erica, don't take advantage of the newbie." said Robin behind me. I could feel her breath on my neck. I could smell her perfume, "Also, haven't you already tried the peppermint stick?"

"Yes, and I would like to try it again," replied Erica, clearly annoyed. I could practically hear Robins eyes rolling.

"Steve!" we both called.

Steve and Dustin were in the back room, trying to de-code the transmission. I was getting fed up of just me and Robin in the front. Not that I didn't like Robin, it was just getting swamped.

Me and Robin burst through the door, "Babysitting time is over, you need to get in there," She turned around and looked at the white board. 

"Steve? Were you getting jealous of me?" I asked him while pouting my lip.

"I guarantee you, what we're doing is way more important." replied Dustin. 

"Yeah? And how do you know these Russians are up to know good, anyways?"  

Dustin looks at us in shock, "How does she know about the Russians?"

Steve spoke words through the banana he was eating. That was a code in itself.

"You told her about the Russians?" Dustin asked me with a 'stern' voice.

 "It wasn't me." I said

"Hello, I can hear you.Actually, I can hear everything.  You are both extremely loud. You think you have evil Russians plotting against our country, on tape, and you're trying to translate,but haven't figured out a word because you didn't realize Russiansuse an entirely different alphabet. Sound about right?" replied Robin to everything that was happening. We both reached for the recorder but Steve snatched it away from us.

"Whoa! What do you think you're doing?" Steve snapped.

"We wanna hear it! I said while going to sit down on the table. 

"Why?" said the two boys.

"Cause maybe I can help, I'm fluent in four languages you know." said Robin. I was surprised. I thought it was only English and French.

"Russian?" asked Dustin.

"Uhm, I speak a little Russian. My dad has a friend." I said.

"I can speak Spanish and French and Italian. And I've been in band for 12 years. My ears are little geniuses, trust me."

"Come on, it's your turnto sling ice cream, my turn to translate. I don't even want credit. I'm just bored." I said while pushing Steve out of his chair.

The service bell rang and Steve grabbed my ice cream scoop and gave me and Robin the recorder.

Robin was pacing in the back room, while Dustin was controlling the recorder. 

"Repeat that last word, Dusty." I said while getting up.

"Okay."

"That's Dlynnaya. That's... Long!" I said while jumping.

Robin slid open the window and talked to Steve. "We've got our first sentence."

"Oh, seriously?" He said.

I came up next to her. "Ze week eez long."

"Well that's thrilling."

"I know, but progress."

Robin left the window. I finally got a good look at his customers. 

"El? Max? Are you even meant to be here?" I asked.

The girls exchanged a giddy look and left the shop.