Chapter 9

~Robins POV~

I saw Harley looking out of the window blankly, just staring into the dark. "You ok there?" 

"Uh- Yea. Just staring of into space!" She replied. Her blinking was rapid, as if she was trying to see better. I  brushed it off and just thought she was tired. The drive was quite short, but it was even better with Harley there.

Harley seemed to light up my life. Everyday she would come in a little late, so I had the opening shift. Before she comes in, I'm lazy and tired. But when I see her face, everything in my mind seems to be brighter, and I'm a whole different person. Harley just makes life easier. I just hope she wasn't lying at the party.

We arrived at my house. It was a tall slim Victorian style house with a brown door. 3 bedrooms. 1 Bathroom. I climbed out the car and grabbed my bike from the back. Harley also got out of the car. "Oh you don't need to get out of the car! I'm fine walking to my door myself,"

"Don't be silly! Of course I'm walking you to your door. Common courtesy."

She walked beside me as I opened my garage to put my bike in, and then walked to my door. 

"Uhm- Do you wanna come inside?" I said while rubbing my head. Harley smiled. Her smile just warmed me up inside. I looked up slightly at her and stared into her deep eyes. She looked really confident, like more confident than usual. She put her hand on my shoulder and rubbed it.

"I wish I could, but my dad would be losing his shit if I came back later than 11."

I sighed.

"But, it is only twenty past ten, and I'm only about 5 minuted away. I guess I could stay for a bit." She said.

Harley had no idea how happy that made me! Everything felt perfect with her. Just perfect.

~Harleys POV~

I entered through the thick wooden door to see an elderly woman sleeping in front of a fuzzy TV. 

"That's my grandma, by the way. She really likes sleeping. And TV,"

"I can tell," I responded as I ran up the carpeted stairs into the dark blue room, cluttered to the roof.

(Room for reference)

"Nice room." I said while making my way to her bed. She chuckled and went over to her vanity and sprayed a little of mango and pineapple. 

"So, what kind of music do you wanna listen to? I've got Blondie, Madonna, The Beatles and more. I'm really into music, as you can tell." She went over to her boom box and picked up a cassette tape with the words parallel lines scribbled on it. I kicked of my shoes and looked to my right to see a bunch of rings and chains. 

'Once fell in love and it was a gas,

soon turned out I had a heart of glass'

She danced over to me and grabbed my hand to get me up to dance with her. 

'Once fell in love and it was divine,

soon found out I was losing my mind.'

"You're quite the dancer Harley," Said robin while moving her shoulders towards me

"I could say the same for you!"

I moved closer to her. Very close to her. She closed her eyes and leant in and-

"Hey sweetie!" said a mature voice from the hallway, "I'm just home, and going to bed."

My eyes widened as I looked down at my watch.

"Shit!" I whispered to Robin as I grabbed my shoes and walked towards her door, "I'm dead."

"Are we still on for tomorrow?" Robin asked. I nodded and ran out the door, down the stairs and through the front door. I climbed into my pick up and jammed the keys into the ignition and zoomed off into the night. Did I just almost kiss Robin?