Chapter 17

Erica and her entourage entered the store. Me and Robin were ear to ear while listening to the tape. The bell rang rapidly. We sighed and turned around.

"I'd like to try the Peanut Butter chocolate swirl please." she said with a phony smile.

"No. No more samples today." I said while moving closer to the counter.

"Why not?" Erica said with a serious tone.

"Because, you are abusing our company policy." Replied Robin.

"Wheres the sailor man?"

"Sorry, he can't help you. He's busy."

"Busy with what?"

Me and Robin looked at each other and then to Erica.

"Spy craft."

A knock on the back door interrupted me and Robins conversation. We climbed through the sliding window and to the back door. We open the door to see a man with our ice cream. 

"Delivery for you," He said while handing out the medium sized box.

"Thanks!" I said while taking the box from the man. I gave it to Robin so I could accept the delivery, but her gaze seemed to be on the mans logo.

"Have a nice day, you two."

"Yeah.. You too." The man leaves us and Robin looks at his logo once again.

"Harley, Silver cat? Silver cat!" she said in a hushed whisper. My mind wandered and then realised. Steve and Dustin walked over to us.

"Hey guys, you won't believe who Dustin thought was a Russian."

"You did too,"

"No, I did not."

"You did too."

Robin held my hand and cut through the bickering boys. We rushed out of Scoops and into the center of the mall. She stood up on the bench in front of us and pulled me up next to her. 

"A trip to china sounds nice..." We muttered to ourselves, multiple times.

"Robin! Imperial panda!" I said and pointed to the store on the second level of the mall.

"If you tread lightly..." I whispered. She pointed to Kaufman Shoes.

"When blue meets yellow in the west!"

I pointed to the large turquoise clock, and yellow and blue hands, Like a big compass.

"Meet in the west!" we said together. Steve and Dustin are standing below us.

"What are you doing?"

"We cracked it."

"Cracked what?"

We hopped down from the bench.

"The code." I slightly shouted.

We were all on the roof that looked over the loading dock. Two heavily armed guards were situated outside, ready to pounce at any moment. Dustin is looking at them through the binoculars. It is pouring rain, and we all have our rain coats on. Robins hair is getting all wet and plastering to her forehead.

"Look for Imperial Panda and Kaufman shoes."

"They're with that whistling guy, ten o'clock."

The whistling guy has the LYNX logo on the back of his raincoat.

"What do you think's in there?" Steve asked us.

"Guns, Bombs?"

"Chemical weapons?"

"Knives." I said with a menacing look on my face.

"Whatever it is, they're armed to the teeth."

"That's great." replied Steve sarcastically.

They unlock the silver double doors using a key card.

"Hey whats that?" Robin asked while nudging me slightly. 

"It's Just boxes, I think." I replied to her.

"Lemme check it out." Steve said.

"No I'm still looking!" replied Dustin.

They fight over the binoculars like itty bitty babies.

"Lemme see it!"

"Hang on!" the binoculars slip from Dustin's hands and fall to the ground, creating a rather loud noise.

"DUCK!"

We took cover behind the roofs ledge. Me and Robin are scared and hold each others hand. We look at each other and let go quickly. One of the guards says something in Russian.

We got in quickly, just before the guard caught up to us. 

"I think we found our Russians!" I said while skipping slightly.