Chapter 25

The gang was on the 1st floor with us. I ran into the arms of El and pushed Mike away.

"EL? WHAT THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN DOING?" I asked her. She wiped away the blood from her nose. I looked down at her leg and saw dried blood around her shin, "How'd you hurt yourself this time?"

"Lucas?" Erica said.

"What are you doing here?"

"Ask them. It's their fault,"

"True. Sorry Lucas... well not really. Your sisters a literal headache of a person." I replied.

"I don't understand what happened to that car." Robin asked us.

"El has superpowers." Dustin said, not thinking.

"I'm sorry?"

"Superpowers. She threw it with her mind, C'mon catch up."

"That's El?"

"Who's El?"

"I'm sorry, who are you?" Nancy asked Robin, being quite rude. Maybe that was just me. 

"I'm Robin, I work with Harls and Steve."

"She cracked the top secret code."

"Which is how we found out about the russians."

"Russians? Wait, what Russians?"

"The Russians!"

"Those were Russians?"

"Some of them."

"What are you talking about?"

"Didn't you hear our code red?"

"Yeah. Couldn't understand what you were saying."

"Goddamn low battery."

"How many times do I have to tell youwith the low battery?"

"Well, everything worked out, didn't it?"

"Worked out? We almost died,"

"Yeah, but we didn't, did we?"

" It was pretty damn close."

"Okay, Russians? As in, they're working forthe Russian government?"

Everything around me started fading. All I could hear was the sound of El's panting.

"El? El!?" I half shouted at her. El looks like she's getting weak. Very weak. She plugged her ears and winced. Then she collapsed. I knelt down to her. I rolled her onto her back. She's conscious, but barely able to speak or take in her surroundings.

"El? What did you do to her?" Mike asked me. I grabbed Mike by the throat and slammed him into the wall.

"If you ever think that I would ever hurt El, then you must be fucking with me. If you ever accuse me of hurting her, I will be hurting someone, but not El." I dropped him and he ran over to El.

"W-what's wrong?"

"My leg. My leg." Jonathan pulled away the gauze revealing one of the nastiest wounds I have ever seen. There's movement under the wound and El wailed in pain. People gasped around me. Mike looked away in disgust. Me? I've seen worse. I sat beside El and held her hand.

"Squeeze my hand when it hurts, okay?"

She nodded. I noticed Jonathon leave and go towards the food court. He returned with a knife, red with heat.

"Hey, Harley, lets get her on this side, okay?" Mike said to me. We moved her to a more comfortable position, leaning against mike. 

"It's uh... You know, it's not actually that bad. There was a... goalie on my soccer team, Beth wildfire, this other girl slid into her leg and the whole bone came out of her knee, six inches or something, it was insane."