Happy wishes and a locket

*Angst- Alexander was a workaholic and forgot him and John's wedding anniversary*

I didn't really follow this to the tee, so fluffy ending

Requested by ——>

Alex was always laid back, known to take very little breaks, on the rare occasions he did, it was a very short amount of time.

John knows this all too well, knowing Alex wouldn't take a break without 30 minutes of coaxing him.

However this time was different, it was nearing their wedding anniversary.

"Alex..?" John murmured, approaching the man that was huddled over his laptop.

"Hm..?" Alex hummed, not looking up.

"Do you know what day it is..?" John asked, hopeful, he fiddled with the small bag he held behind his back.

Alex nods. "August 27th.." (yes their anniversary is John's death date, kiss my ass/j)

John rested his chin on Alex's shoulder. "Our wedding anniversary..?" John smiled

Alex nodded, no words came out his mouth.

John frowned. "Alexander look at me! You barely do anymore! You!ve barely interacted with me you god that damn promotion!"

Alex looks up at John.

"Did you even remember that it was today..?" John asked.

Alex was getting ready to answer but John cut him off. "Y'know what.. fuck it." John set the bag on his desk. "Happy Anniversary asshole."

Alex teared up as John stormed off. Alex pulled out his own bag, it was the same size as John's. He set it down and looked into the white bag John set on the table. He pulled out a pale green sweater with his initials embroidered on the neckline. He sniffled and got up, accidentally knocking over the bag to see a new laptop. His tears fell on his cheeks. He grabbed the green bag he prepared for John. He left his office and knocked on the bedroom door.

"J-John...?" He called out.

John opened the door, he had also been crying, and he was holding their infant son, Phillip. Alex gave Phillip a quick kiss on the forehead. "I didn't forget John. The promotion's not as easy going as you think. There's more work, and more deadlines. I got something small because I didn't have time to get something as big as you did..." John set the sleeping infant on their bed. John took the bag. Inside was a thin white box, he huffed then looked inside, it was a gold necklace with a heart pendant. Alex took it and opened the pendant; it was a locket. With a photo of Alex and Phillip the day he was born.

"A-Alex.."

Alex gave a soft smile.

John hugged the shorter man. "I'm so sorry.."

"Why? You didn't do anything.."

"I-I accused you of forgetting today a-and-"

"Shh.. it's okay.." Alex kissed his cheeks then his nose gently.

"It's okay."

Soft whines can be heard. Alex looked past John then went over to Phillip, who immediately smiled as he looked up at Alex, then John who came up behind him.

Yay happy ending.

Please god I'm so tired-