Wilted Flower. Angst.

Lams.. angst.. Oh boy.

Alex was relaxing with John. They were expecting a baby soon. A little girl. They were excited to be having their first..Alex winced quietly. "You okay?" Alex nodded, he wasn't entirely sure. "Alex.." John helped him sit up, then rubbed his back. "Is it the baby?" he asks looking up at Alex. "I-I don't know but it hurts.. It really hurts.." Alex responded. He leaned into John's embrace, groaning in pain. "Baby I think you might be going into labor.." John said, lifting Alex's head. "I-I can't be i-in labor yet.. M-My water hasn't broken yet.." Alex got scared, he buried his face into John's shoulder and let out another groan.

This went on for weeks. Alex randomly having cramps. Each more painful than the last..

They went to the doctor to find out what was going on. "So you've been bleeding and having cramps..?" she asked, organizing a few files on her desk. Alex nods. "They've been really bad.. Some days I can't get up or walk.." John rubbed his shoulder. The doctor sighed quietly. "Has your baby been kicking or moving lately..?" Alex shook his head, he got worried. "W-We just thought she's lazy heh..." John said, trying to lighten the mood. "I'm sorry but you've suffered miscarriage.. You will have the child but.. She won't survive.." Both John and Alex's hearts dropped. Tears pricked Alex's eyes.

***

Then.. one day.. Alex was having cramps, John was helping him ride it out. Then all of a sudden they heard dipping. John looked down, yes Alex's water broke but..he was bleeding too.. They rushed to the hospital. Alex was still in a lot of pain to the point he was crying.

Alex screamed out in pain, leaning into John's arm. John cupped Alex's cheek. "You're doing really good baby.." he said, watching a faint smile grow on Alex's face, it immediately fades away as he cries out in pain, his head falling back into the pillows. "GOD F*CKING D*MMIT I DIDN'T THINK IT WOULD HURT THIS BAD!!" he yelled. John stroked Alex's forehead, his hair back as well. "Almost there Alex, one more!" Alex panted, looked at John and frowned slightly. John kissed his forehead. Alex took a breath and groaned, which turned into a scream of pain. Alex caught his breath and felt his baby be laid onto his stomach.

Alex and John both watched as the little girl got taken away to try and get revived..

The doctor came back after a few minutes. "I'm sorry.. We couldn't save her." Alex cried silently.

He cried knowing he wouldn't hear her cry.

His Lily never bloomed. (The name of the little girl)