Chapter twenty-two - Training camp in Majorca

The last 3 weeks of June, we leave for Majorca for a training camp. For the second time, I'm allowed to to be part of a training camp and I'm so excited! Training camps are always great because it feels like holidays with friends. We always have time to visit and enjoy ourselves. When they are training on dry land, I'm like an assistant and when they are at the pool, I'm taking pictures, filming and enjoying the lovely sun.

Just like when we were in training camp in Australia, the boys are trying to teach me a few somersaults and dives. We laugh a lot because I'm lame and have no balance nor strenght in my arms, nor motor coordination. At the end of those 3 weeks, I'll be 2 months pregnant and depending on the position I'm standing, we can kind of guess there is a tiny bump. At first, Tom wanted to forbid me from doing anything on the pretext that I'm pregnant, but I keep on reminding him that yes, I am pregnant, but not disabled nor ill. But Tom being Tom, he was always making sure that the jumps or dives I was doing (or trying to do) were safe. He was always there to catch me in case I fall. My back is killing me, which is normal at the beginning of a pregnancy so I try to stay as much as possible in the pool. Chris is almost as cute as Tom with me. He is always asking me to show him my belly to see if he can see an evolution.

"Oh, oh", says Tom, checking his twitter page on his iphone while we were sunbathing at the pool.

"What ?"

"We’re in the paper. The paparazzi got us apparently. "

"Are they any nice shots", joked Tonia?

"Well, you look absolutely marvelous in your white bikini Tonia, and your fans seem to agree on that. But what is really making a buzz is Val…" Tom says

"Me? They got pictures of me? In the paper? Gosh, they really have nothing more interesting to print than some pictures of a nobody enjoying the holidays? Show me that. WHAT? I’m in my bikini? Oooh God, that is so embarrassing!"

"But what you need to see, is that". He says before showing me another picture. A picture of me, laying on the ground, the feet in the pool, with Tom next to me. And on one of those pictures, Tom’s hand is resting on my stomach with big titles “Tom Daley is about to become a dad”"

"Wow shit!" I say. "No, not yet ! they already found out !"

"I won’t reply anything about that on twitter. But I can tell you that I’ve never gotten that many questions so far… unless maybe when the fans were still wondering about us two being together"

"Great… pff I hope it won’t get too crazy! But now I’m surely not wearing a bikini again because I don’t want to get exposed like that… especially knowing that it won’t get any better soon with the baby weight! Ahaha"

Who says pregnancy also says mood change. I was very moody and sulky... and of course, sometimes the boys were playing with that (at their own risks). One evening, we are going out at the restaurant. I order pasta and Tom shares a big paella with some of the divers. but when the waiter brings my plate:

"Mmh, that looks good. Can i try it?" Tom asks

"Nope" I say

"What? Come on! We all know you’re not going to eat half of it. You barely eat those days"

"I said no. I’m starving. And if I barely eat, then at least, let me eat what I can!"

"I can’t tell if you’re being serious. It’s just one bite. Let met at least try the sauce!" And then he dips the tip of his tongue in the sauce of my pastas 

"Mais putain! Why did you do that?! I told you not to touch my plate!" I scream pushing him away from my plate

"Why are you that angry?! " Tom asks, a little surprised by my over-reaction