Prologue

My name is Valentine, I am a french girl who moved to Dublin with her best friend Clara. I am not what we could call 'beautiful' but withouth boasting, I am cute. I am small but curvaceous. My hair are light brown and my big eyes are dark brown. I work as a public relations manager for a multinational company. That company is sponsoring Chris Mears and I happened to come across him in a meeting room. We got along pretty well right from the beginning, we laughed, flirted and one thing led to another, we ended up in bed together. 

We went out together for only 2 weeks. It never really felt like a real relationship and he was living in England wile I was in Ireland, so our little fling faded away quickly. The next month, the company I was working for organized a Sports Award Ceremony. I was in charge of making sure that everything was going as smoothly as possible. Chris was one of our guest of honor and he was asked to co-host the event with an Irish TV-presenter. When I saw him during the rehearsal, it was just like 2 old friends meeting again after a long time apart. We have now understood that an intimate relationship is impossible between us, it just strangely feels awkward, but that doesn't keep us from being good friends. We have some trouble to stay focus on the rehearsal because we are messing with each other and pissing ourselves backstage. 

The British diving team was in Dublin for a training camp and came to the award ceremony to accompany Tonia who is nominated for female athlete of the year and of course also to cheer on Chris.

Just before the ceremony, during the VIP buffet supper, Chris asks me to come him because he wants to introduce me to one of his closest friend, Tom.