Chapter two - A cup of tea

It is only the next day at 11p.m that my phone rang, in the middle of a movie I was watching with Clara. 

"Oh my God, it's a British number!" I say to Clara with my eyes wide open, clearly starting to panic a little.

"Do not panic! Just pick it up!" She shouts

"Allô?"

"Hello. I'd like to speak to Valentine" A man's voice asks

"Yes, this is she."

"Sorry to call you this late. It's Tom, we met yesterday, remember?" I make big gestures to Clara to make her understand it's really him.

"Yes, of course I remember".

"I tried to call you yesterday but I was missing a digit from your phone number"

"Oh, that's what it was! I kind of guessed there was something wrong because I didn't get any miss phone call"

"I know! It took me this long to find your phone number though. I had to call pretty much the entire staff from the award event with Chris' help to find your surname and then your phone number"

"Oh no! I'm sorry you had to do all that!... Even if I'm pretty happy you did, to tell you the truth"

"I know you might still be busy with the event and everything and so am I with my training, but I would really appreciate if you'd agree to go grab a cup of tea sometime, tomorrow maybe? Since we didn't really had time to finish our discussion" He says in a really cute way.

"A cup of tea? So British, I like that!"

''Is that a 'yes'"?

"yes, I'd like to. I'm working until 6 tomorrow, but I would be able to slip out sometime in the afternoon. Would that work for you?" I ask

"That'd be perfect. I have a break around 3. I'll meet you at the coffee place you told me about yesterday. I'll have to be back at the pool for 4, so that won't give us that much time with the route and everything, but that's better than nothing, right?"

"Sounds good to me. See you tomorrow then?"

"Have a good nigh" He say. I surely will after a phone call like that!

 "Oooh, he is so cute" I say with a stupid high pitched voice

"Did he seriously ask you out for a cup of tea? Seriously?" Clara asks. "Next time, you'll tell me he walks around with a bowler hat and the Union Jack tattooed on his forehead?"

"You're dumb! Would you help me pick what I'll wear tomorrow? I'll need to go straight from work"

"An outfit appropriate for work and for a date at the same time? Challenge accepted!"