Chapter 32 - I finally have it all (Bovisand Beach)

A few weeks after the trip to Adelaide, the winter is finally coming. We are now in November, I'm 6 months pregnant. We have been house hunting for a few months now. We wanted a house quite big, with a few bedrooms. I wanted a big kitchen, a big master bedroom and a backyard. Tom wanted to be close to the sea, have the possibility to dig a outdoor pool and to build an indoor diving pool as well. We decided not to move too far from Plymouth because Tom wanted to be still able to train with Andy and to be close to his family and friends.

We fell in love with a beautiful house at Heybrook Bay. It was spacious, bright and with the sea view Tom dreamed off. Just perfect. We made an offer, but a couple of days later, Tom told me the bad news. Someone offered a lot more money than we wanted to pay for it.  I was gutted because I could definitely picture us living in this house. I was tired of house hunting, and knowing that the baby's term was getting always closer, I just wanted to have a place to call home and get ready for our girl's birth. 

One day, Tom asks me to go to our favorite beach, Bovisand Beach. We walked on the sand, then we went up the cliff and sat on the grass to have a beautiful view of the sunset. We cuddled up in a blanket and just before the sunset:

"Are you ok? You’ve seemed so lost in your thoughts since we got here?" I ask Tom

"I’m fine. But I was just thinking about a few things. Do you remember the first time I brought you here?" he asks

"I do, it was when you invited me to stay at your house for the first time, when your family was on holidays."

"I also remember that the day before that, I’ve told you “I love you” for the first time"

"Yes, indeed"

"I loved you back then, I knew you were the one and that I couldn’t love anybody as much as I did at that time, and oh gosh I was so wrong! I love you so much more today. I really don’t think I’ll be able to love more than today, but I’ve already been proven wrong before."

"Aaw, you’re so sweet. I love you so much too". He stands up, replaces the blanket correctly on my shoulders, and gets down on one knee. 

"What are you doing ?" I ask him

"When we met, it was love at first sight and at that moment I already knew you were going to be the love of my life. Now we are starting a new chapter with our baby girl on her way. I’ve never been so happy in my life but I think I would feel even more blessed if you would agree to be my wife." He gets a little blue velvet box out of his pocket and opens it. "Will you marry me?"

"Are you serious?" 

"Definitely, more than ever!" He says. I put my hands on my mouth, not saying anything. I throw myself into his arms and hug him as tight as my arms would let me.

"Is that a yes? Can I have your hand?" He asks

"Of course, you idiot! You can have my hand, my love, my life, I’ll give you all." I kiss him while smiling from ear to ear and he slips the ring on my finer. "Did you plan all that? Coming here today, staying on the beach and watching the sun set?"

"I did; and that’s why I was so lost in my thoughts all day. I was thinking about it, what I was going to say. I had the ring for a month already; I bought it in Adelaide with Tonia’s help. I just didn’t know how to pop the question."

"I’m so happy, I can’t stop smiling. I want to scream it to the world."

"Then do it!"

I stand up, walk to the edge of the cliff and scream like in the movie Titanic  ""I am the king of the world". Sorry Tom, I don't know why I screamed that but I had to! Aaaahhhhh I’m ENGAGED!!" I continue

"You’re a freak!"  He says

"Still want to marry me?"

"Don’t worry; I was well aware of your mental issues way before popping the question!" Tom joked

"Do you know what I want?"

"What?"

"We still have a few minutes before the sunset. Can we turn up the music in your car, open the doors and dance right here?" I ask

"Sure".

We danced on random songs, songs that were inside jokes, some romantic ones,... it was just magical. 

"The sunset is starting". He said, so he turns off the music. We sat on the grass, with our blanket around us and we watched the sunset.

"I have another surprise for you actually." Tom says after the sunset

"You do?"

"Yes. Get in the car."

"Where are we going ?" I ask him

"You’ll see, I told you, it’s a surprise!"

"But I hate surprises, Tom!"

"I know, but trust me, you’ll love that one. Believe me, it’s worth it."

"Ok. Is it far?"

"I’m not telling you anything!"

We drove for only a few minutes, but it was dark and I had no idea where we were heading to.

"Ok, here we are." He says, parking the car

"Where are we?"

"You’ll see. Stop asking that many questions!" We started walking hand in hand. Then I understood where we were! We were in front of our dream house lit with torches, the one Tom said we coudln't get. 

"What?! What are we doing here?"

"Just follow me." He took the keys out of his pocket and opened the door. He faced me and said: “Welcome to our home”

"What? We got it? That’s our house?"

"It is"

"But what about the higher offer?"

"There was no higher offer. I just needed time to get ready and make it special."

We went inside. The house was completely empty and was lit up with fairy lights everywhere. It was so beautiful that I started crying. I had it all. The man I loved had asked me to marry him, we were having a baby and we had the house of our dreams. I was never this happy. He had set up a nice place to sit in the middle of the living room, with blankets and pillows on the floor. We ordered food and he started a fire in the fire place. Just magical...