Chapter eight - Crying on the phone

After those 2 weeks in England, I had to go back to Ireland. As always; the evening before my departure, Tom wouldn't let me finish to gather my things strewned all over his house and dragged me to bed saying "don't worry about your suitcase, we'll do that later". But of course the next morning, I wake up in a start "Fuck! I didn't finish to pack!". We both had to run everywhere in the house to pick all my stuff up. We sped up on the highway to get on time at the airport. There was no time for some romantic goodbyes, just barely a quick kiss and I had to run to my gate. After I landed in Dublin, I texted Tom

To Tom: "Well arrived in Dublin. They had to call my name at the airport bc I was late! How embarassing! Thx for those 2 wonderful weeks. I had the best time ever. Love u"

To Val: "Best 2 weeks of my life! I wish i saw your face when they called your name! You forgot your clothes in the dryer!  : /  Love u. Xx"

To Tom: "Yes I totally knew that. i let them there for you to remember me, cough* liar cough*. Glad you found them and not your mom!"

Actually, Debbie understood her son lied to her when she found one of my earring that I lost in the bathroom. She just told him "I think you’re too old to lie to me for a girl, Tom. So I hope it’s serious with her, because I can’t say I’m enjoying the fact that you are inviting a random girl into my home without telling me”. “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have done that like that. But yeah, it’s serious with her. She is great, I’m in love with her and I think you’ll like her.” “then I’d like to see her sometime to decide that for myself”, and she winked at him

________________________________________________________________

Even if we managed to see each other on the weekends, it was hard on both of us to be apart during the week. We spent our evening on the phone or on Skype, but sometimes, not being able to be with Tom was awful. But, being the awesome guy Tom is, he was always good at showing that he was there for me whenever I needed him, or missed him... Just like that night when I called him in the middle of the night.

"Mmmh?" Tom moaned when he picked up his phone, half asleep. But I do not say a word. "babe? What's going on?" He says. But I still don't say anything. He straightens on his bed, wondering what was going on, guessing it was just a pocket call, but then he hears some muffled noises. "Boo? Are you crying?"

And finally, I find the strenght to say a few words: "You remember when you said I could call you anytime whenever I felt like I needed to talk to you?"

"Of course. Are you okay?" He said in a soft voice but we could definitely hear that he was a little bit worried.

"... Not really. I can't believe I'm calling you to tell you that, but Clara is at Leigh's and I don't want to disturb her, so..."

"You're starting to scare me. Just tell me what's the matter, love!"

Taking a big breath, thinking that I was mad for telling him what I was about to tell him, in the middle of the night I may add. "I ran into Nicholas today and he told me he was getting married. And of course, you're the one I love, that's not the question, you're a million times better than him and I can't believe I'm calling you to cry over my ex-boyfriend, but I just always assumed I was the one who he will marry someday. And I know how stupid that is, but I was so in love with him. And now, knowing that he is engaged and happy and that girl is stunning. Clara is with Leigh, my family is away... I just feel so lonely and lost. I didn''t know what to do, I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize! And you're not alone! I'm here."

"I know... but actually, you're not"

"I can come right now"