Chapter four - Come to my place

I've known Tom for only four days right now. I know that in only 10 days, his training camp will be over and he'll have to go back to England. 

That day, we were not supposed to see each other, we didn't plan anything because I was working late and we didn't wanted to seem too crazy about each other. We were trying to play it cool, detached, but the truth was that we didn't really like that idea as much as we liked to think. We I get back home after work, I can't stop thinking about Tom, I have only one thing in mind: I want to run to his hotel and be with him... but that would seem a little bit too ridiculous. I talk about it with Clara who tells me that, indeed, I would look desperate if I just show up to his hotel room. I didn't get any news all day long, not even a short text and I don't like that. 

"You know what Clara? Screw it. I don't care if I look overly-attached. I want to hear from him." I grab my cellphone and type a text.

To Tom: "Hey. How are u? I just stumble on an article about you in the newspaper and thought about u. Do u have any plans for tmrw? Val"    

I hate myself for sending it right away. First of all, simply because I lied to him. I didn't see any article, but I needed an excuse, right? And secondly, I feel like I'm acting like a stupid teenager, or worst... a crazy fangirl! But surprisingly, I get a text message from him only a few seconds after and that brings me the biggest smile on my face

To Val: "Hi. I'm good but sore! How was work today? I'm free tmrw, what do u have in mind? Xx"

To Tom: "Work was OK. Since you're sore, what do u think about a quiet evening at my place? I'll make diner. I'll give your t-shirt back"

To Val: "Sounds perfect to me! Pff I'm so bored, Chris fell asleep and I don't have anything interesting to do and there's nothing on TV..."  (Tom was sharing his hotel room with Chris for the entire training camp)

To Tom: "I could drop by and lend u the Billy Elliott DVD I told u about?" Yesterday, during our date we talked about our favorite movies. Billy Elliott is my favorite one and Tom told me that he's never watched it, and that, for me, is unacceptable! 

To Val: "Don't bother to come this late for a dvd. I can borrow it tmrw"

To Tom: "U r bored, I have nothing better to do... I don't mind"

To Val: "I'm at the Carlton Hotel ;) "

I'm so happy and nervous at the same time. I get ready and leave for his hotel. The receptionist gives me his room number and I step into the elevator. I froze in front of his room and it takes me a long time before I can managed to knock on the door. 

"Hello!" Tom says as he open the door. He is only wearing a pair of shorts and I can't keep myself from getting a peek at his wonderful torso! 

"Hey! Here is the DVD" 

"You're so nice. Thanks! I would ask you to come on in, but since Chris is asleep..." He says looking a little bit uncomfortable.

"Yeah, I know, don't worry... it's so nice to have a roomie, right?" I joked

"Tell me about it! But we can talk a little in the lobby if you want". 

"I wouldn't want anyone to see you shirtless in a hotel hallway with a mysterious girl, ahah! Don't worry about it, seriously. Go watch the movie, you'll tell me what you think about it. See you tomorrow?" I say

"Ok. Sleep well". He hugs me a little bit longer than a normal hug, like he doesn't want to let go... and I'm not gonna complain about it. 

I take a few steps towards the elevator and then I decide to turn around. There is no time to lose with him, it's not like he was going to live in Dublin forever, it's now or never! I take my courage in both hands and I knock again on his door. Tom opens the door and I kiss him languorously. He steps in the hallway to be able to close the door behind him to get some privacy since we know Chris is just a meter away! We continue to kiss until we hear some footsteps coming. He pulls away and says:

"Well, have a good night. I'll see you tomorrow"

"Come to my place" I say while Tom looks at me, interrogative. "I mean it. Hurry up before I change my mind!"

"I need a few stuff from my room. Shit, I don't have the key card with me and I closed the door" He knocks loudly on the door, Chris opens it with obviously not a happy face. 

"What the fuck, mate?! Oh, hey Val!" Chris says

"Hey Chris" I say a little shyly

"What are you doing Tom?" Chris asks seeing that Tom was packing a few clothes in his duffel bag. 

"I'll be back for training tomorrow, don't worry. Don't say a word to Andy!"

"Count on me, mate!" Chris says

We jump into a taxi, we laugh and kiss during the whole ride. And then, as we get out of the car, Tom grabs my arm and says:

"If you do the same thing than yesterday, I'll rip your head off" He joked, but I know that this night, I don't have the strength to push him away a second time.

"Shut up and follow me"

I hold his hand and I take him to my apartment and then to my bedroom. I go to the bathroom to freshen up while Tom takes a look at my room. He checks the pictures on my walls, my DVDs, my knickknacks,... My computer is on and he looks at my Itunes Playlists and put some music on. I come back to my bedroom with two glasses of wine. We chat a little, we drink our wine... until the music "In My Secret Life" is playing on my computer. I try to hide a small smile, because I can't explain it, but I found that music really sensual and lascivious. Tom understands it right away, he moves closer and kiss me tenderly. He takes my shirt off, slowly, stroking my bare skin and placing soft kisses on my neck. I take his shirt off, he helps me. He lays me down on the bed, kisses my breast then moves down to my stomach before removing my jeans. I sit up straight, removes his belt and unbutton his jeans. We are now both in our underwear and we are still kissing. He unhooks my bra and takes my panties off and I takes his boxer briefs off. He leans on me and I pull him closer to kiss him. 

Everything is really tender with lots of caresses and kisses, following the music's slow rythm. I feel so good with him. I wrap my legs around his body. I love the way he holds me tight in his strong arms. It's just perfect.

I fall asleep on his muscled chest and he plays with my hair. During the night, I have some trouble to sleep. My bed is a little too narrow and it's obvious that Tom is used to sleep in a huge bed. We are spooning but he takes so much room in my bed, almost sleeping on my pillow. I dream a few times that I'm falling which gives me a start and wakes Tom up. Every time, he puts his arm around me and pulls me closer to reassure me. I love feeling his warm breath on my neck and his stomach moving with his breathing against my back.

The alarm clock goes off. I want to get out of the bed, but he pulls me closer to him.

"MMmh, just a little bit longer" He says. How can I refuse that? I cuddle up with him and fall back asleep. Then I wake up in a start. 

"Putain, je suis en retard!" That's the 1st time he heard me swear in french. I run around everywhere in the apartment like a chicken with his head cut off, into the shower, trying to find my clothes,... And apparently, Tom thinks it's funny. He watches me looking for my shoes with a crooked little grin.