Unexpected Respect

[Friday Night Smackdown]

*SearingSorrow imigie's POV*

I couldn't believe it. It was time for the last Smackdown before Summer Slam. I was in the Divas locker room with the other Divas except for AJ.

"So you're really heading close for both the Mixed Tag Team Championships and the Divas Championship," Alicia Fox said. "Girl, that's incredible! You and Cody Rhodes will totally kick ass at Summer Slam. The Undashing One and the Mysterious Witch. Perfect tag team."

I smiled as the girls came around to hug me. I didn't think I would be so special. It wasn't even a year since I had been in WWE and I was reflecting back to what I had accomplished. First debuting in the WWE and I was already facing Natalya at Hell In A Cell. After that, I was already battling in PPV matches. I even got chances at the Divas Championship but of course I failed.

Now, I was getting another chance at the Divas Championship and also a first time chance at the Mixed Tag Team Championship. I knew Summer Slam was crawling closer than I was expecting.

"Thank you," I replied kindly as the Divas continued to hug me until I heard the door open. It was AJ.

I thought AJ would come in anger and attack me again but instead, there was a sweet smile shown on her face and kindness was clear in her eyes. The Divas stepped away while I stood where I was and didn't move. I was ready to hear AJ say something.

"imigie," she said. "I need to tell you something. I may think you're something I wasn't expecting but deep inside, I respect you. I may still play the bad girl for a while longer but I personally feel that you will do this at Summer Slam. Damien told Cody a very similar thing earlier. I think that Damien may slip away from me soon but it won't matter at this point. You're great Diva imigie."

I was shocked when I heard this. I was not expecting AJ to give me such a message like that. Before I could completely digest it all, AJ gave me a hug as I couldn't hold back from hugging her back. She let me go as I was beyond surprised. AJ smiled then turned to leave the locker room.

If I told Cody that I was given respect from my rival, he would tell me too. It was strange but also amazing. The other girls were amazed as well. I was about to say something when the door opened and there was a referee.

"You're having a promo with Cody, Damien and AJ quite soon," he said. "You need to meet with Cody now."

He left as ai stood still to watch the doors close. I waved goodbye to the girls, took a deep breath and turned to the door to leave. After walking out of the locker room, I immediately saw Cody there. This time, he wasn't wearing the mask. I suspected he was going to save the mask for Summer Slam but I didn't say anything about that.

"Hello imi," he said cheerfully. "You're looking pretty tonight."

I smiled when he made that comment to me. I hugged him as he hugged me back. We let each other go as we walked down to the curtain, waiting for when we would do our promo for Summer Slam.