Aftermath

[Backstage]

*Cody Rhodes's POV*

I couldn't believe what had happened. It was beyond amazing. imigie and I walked backstage and saw Naomi, the Usos, Tyson Kidd and Natalya all there in pure shock.

"imigie," Natalya said to her. "That Cross Rhodes was incredible. I had no idea a Diva would be able to pull it off, especially that well."

"Nattie," I said. "That was beyond incredible. I've met Divas who have done it but not at such an incredible level as imigie."

I turned to imigie who still looked shocked, like she couldn't believe what was happening. I was beyond proud of her.

"imigie," I whispered. "You have to use it again some time. You'll help us win the Mixed Tag titles and you have to use it during the Divas Championship match."

imigie smiled as we surrounded her to give her a hug. She deserved to receive such kindness.

We suddenly saw Byron Saxton walk up to us to interview us. Naomi, The Usos, Natalya and Tyson Kidd quickly left when Byron approached us.

"Congratulations on your win," Byron said, acknowledging us. "Cody Rhodes and SearingSorrow imigie, on your way closer to Summer Slam. Cody, for the vacant World Heavyweight Championship; imigie, for the Divas Championship; and both of you for the Mixed Tag Team Championships. What is going through your minds right now?"

"Byron," I began. "This is what is going to happen at Summer Slam. What you just saw will happen at Summer Slam. It could happen during the World Heavyweight Championship match, it could happen during the Divas Championship match, it could happen during the Mixed Tag Team Championship match. It could happen at any time."

"Damien and AJ have got to watch their backs," imigie added. "We have had enough trying to put up with their mind games. Their time is running out and we will soon claim the throne that will no longer contain enlightenment and always looking forward to a new day. This will be an era of masking joy with sorrow. That is a promise. This goes for the World title match, the Divas title match and the Mixed Tag Team title match. This will be the Intellect of Enlightenment and the Black Widow against the Undashing and Searing Sorrow. That is a promise that we will not break."

imigie and I turned away to leave Byron then found a rather private spot close by the locker rooms. I took a moment to fix imigie's wavy black hair, trying to straighten it a bit because it looked to be a bit of a mess. She didn't turn away nor flinch a bit but she let me fix her hair.

"Why must you have to mess up your hair?" I asked her. "I can't stand it when you look like this."

imigie smiled a bit and laughed a little bit too.

"It's in my nature," she replied.

I double checked to see if her hair was perfect then we both departed from each other. I walked down the hall and saw Damien Sandow standing there, alone. I wondered where AJ was but that didn't matter to me.

I noticed there was a gleam of kindness in Damien's eyes. That was not normal. Usually, he would look at me like he was smarter than me but this was far too different. I didn't know what was happening at all.

"Cody," Damien said. "Throughout this, I have nothing but respect for you and imigie. I believe you both can win. While I'm still Mr. Money In The Bank, you and I could still be butting heads but I feel like I could slip away from AJ soon. I tell you, she is crazy."

I was beyond surprised at what I was hearing. Damien had respect for me and imigie and also believing that we could win. I was even more surprised when Damien actually said that AJ Lee was crazy. It took me a bit to comprehend all of the information he mentioned but I couldn't hold back a smile.

"I am most surprised to hear this and I'm sure imigie will be too," I replied. "I am also sure that you will cash in your Money In The Bank briefcase soon. We could be really close friends like imigie and myself. Maybe unable to reunite Team Rhodes Scholars but we can sure make perfect friends."

Damien nodded at what I was saying. He seemed to perfectly understand what I was saying. Could this mean Damien could turn away from AJ soon? Could this mean that Damien could be better off with imigie and I?

Despite my running thoughts, Damien and I hugged each other, showing signs of a possible friendship to return, not to reunite Team Rhodes Scholars but to have another friendship that imigie will soon come closer to. These signs were really starting to make me wonder what could happen.

------------------------------------------------------

Usually, I don't make these notes but yes, it's imi again. So far, it seems Cody and imigie are ready and Damien seems to be showing signs of a face turn. Yes, Cody and imigie are the babyfaces and Damien and AJ are heels. It's incredible and I can't wait to write when Damien actually turns face. But, I will not tell you when it will happen. I want to keep it close in my heart. I want to make it seem interesting. I hope you're enjoying this and may this story continue in the next chapter.

<3 imi