Scholar No More

*Cody Rhodes's POV* (flashback)

        Money In The Bank for the World Heavyweight Championship was exploding. I was going against Jack Swagger, Cesaro, Dean Ambrose, Bad News Barrett, Fandango and Damien Sandow. Sandow was my partner and my brother. No matter what had happened, I was by his side and vise versa. We would help each other get exactly what one of us needed.

        After Fandango failed to reach the ladder, I realized it was my chance. Other superstars were down as I positioned the ladder then prepared myself to climb up to the briefcase that would mark my future. I was more than ready.

        "Stay down!" I shouted as I climbed up the ladder and was about to unhook the briefcase when I felt my entire self fall down from the ladder. I first thought it was Barrett, Ambrose, Swagger, Fandango or Cesaro but I looked up as anguish ripped my heart. It was Sandow. 

        The crowd sounded anguished at the action of Sandow. He was like my brother. He couldn't have done this. But he did. I layed my head down, feeling an excruciating anger and sadness. Part of me wanted to run after him and shoved him away in anger but the second part of me was too dazed to even move. 

        I felt my heart sting as I saw Damien Sandow reached to the top, unhooked the briefcase and declared himself to be the future World Heavyweight Championship.. After Sandow left, excited like a little kid, I slowly stood up and made my way backstage. 

        I'm sorry I failed you WWE Universe, I thought sadly. I entered backstaged and saw the sorrowful expressions of all of the Divas. I noticed one more woman who I did not recognize. 

        Out of all of the ladies, this woman appeared to look the saddest of them all. She didn't look like the rest of the Divas. Instead of the typical light hair, her hair was as dark as midnight. Her wrestling attire had no color except for a faint blood red over lots of black. I could tell she stood out to the rest of the Divas. Her skin looked barely tan, almost pale and she looked shorter than AJ who was standing next to her. The woman's eyes looked teary. I walked up to her but then I heard laughing. AJ.

        The rest of the Divas except for AJ and the woman left. AJ slapped the woman then skipped away. The woman fell to the floor, crying. I sat beside her and placed her head against my bare chest as she cried. I felt so bad for her. 

        I had to admit, we both seemed to have been hurt emotionally.

        "Shh," I reassured the woman as I comforted her. "It's going to be okay. Don't cry." I didn't even know her but I suddenly felt a sensation that told me that we needed to be friends. I realized why she was crying. I was a scholar no more.

*Still Cody Rhodes's POV* (no longer flashback)

        I couldn't believe I was remembering that so well. From being close to being a future world champion, to being pushed off from my former tag team partner, to feeling a sense of sadness, to witnessing AJ Lee attack a gothic looking woman, to comforting the gothic woman. I never even got to know the name of the gothic woman. 

        I still remembered comforting her while she cried and knowing we were both equal in a way. I remembered watching her in the ring against Kaitlyn and AJ Lee then AJ knocked Kaitlyn out then made the gothic woman tap out to the Black Widow.

        I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't even realize someone was next to me. I turned and saw the same gothic woman I had comforted. She wasn't crying but the expression on her eyes were full of sadness.