Dark Side

*Cody Rhodes's POV*

        I had never felt this victory as amazing as this one. After watching imigie drag both Damien and AJ to the barricade, I knew this would be the fate of them.

        I couldn't keep the smile off of my face as I held imigie's hand high, as well as my own, showing that we were the ones to take what we so desperately needed. 

        After turning to head to the locker room, I felt the excitement that I had never felt before. I was pleased with what was running through my head.

        Unfortunately, my thoughts were interrupted when I was slammed against the wall. I slowly turned and saw Damien who suddenly got slammed into the wall too.

        "Stay away from him you son of a bitch!" I knew that voice. It diidn't sound close to me. I saw the person who looked angry at Damien. It was imigie.

        She rushed to my side and comforted me. Man, she was really sweet. 

        "I'm okay imigie," I reassured her. She seemed to believe me.

        I gasped when I saw AJ drag imigie away from me but imigie pushed her away and speared her down. I smiled as I slowly got up to my feet. 

        imigie stood up and came to my side and we looked at each other and knew the very plan we had for them, it was something that we had never thought they would imagine.

[Smackdown]

*Cody Rhodes's POV*

        Darkness fell everywhere. Silence filled the air for a while until I heard the quietest footsteps come to me. I turned and saw SearingSorrow imigie.

        Instead of the black top and black shorts with a small hint of blood red for her ring gear, both were completely black. Instead of the jacket she wore, she wore a black cloak over her ring gear. Even in the darkness, I noticed that her hair was darker than usual. Even her Doc Martens were completely black. 

        "Your mask," she gasped, pointing at my clear plastic mask I wore over my face.

        "Damien and AJ will learn to not mess with my face," I said with a hint of darkness in my voice. "And your cloak." I pointed to the cloak she wore over her ring gear.

        "They will realize that there is much more sorrow in this world than they think," she jeered. "I will first get my hands on AJ. Then it will be Damien if he's smart enough to try to mess with you."

        My lips curled to an evil smile as I watched imigie put on her hood. Things were going exactly as I had secretly planned. 

        "Tonight, we go against Jimmy Uso and Naomi," imigie jeered. "Damien Sandow and AJ Lee, we will show you what your fate will be. There will be a new era."

        "No one can mess with my face when I have this mask on," I added. "And no one can destroy the sorrow she has waiting for you." 

        I pointed to her when I said "she."

        "The Rhodes of Sorrow are here to dominate," imigie and I said in unison before we turned away to make our way to the next victims of us."

        It was still dark but that was the least thing to worry about. If it was imigie's pleasure, I wouldn't want to take that away from her.

        "Excuse me," I heard a female voice. "Cody? imigie?"

        imigie and I turned and saw Renee Young coming to us.

        "Cody and imigie," Renee said. "You have a mixed tag team match against Jimmy Uso and Naomi in preparation for the Mixed Tag Team Championship match at Summerslam. What's going through your heads right now."

        Renee held the microphone to both of us but I decided that I was going to be the first one to speak.

        "Renee," I said with a dark tone in my voice. "I wish for neither me nor imigie to suffer. I have to wear this mask to protect my face. imigie has to wear this cloak to signify her darkness. We're going to show Damien Sandow and AJ Lee who are the real rulers of this world."

        "This isn't over," imigie chimed in with a haunting and cold tone in her voice. "This war will not be over until the Mixed Tag Team Championship belts stand with us."

      I took imigie's hand and held it. It was icy cold but I didn't let that faze me. 

        "The Rhodes of Sorrow are here to dominate," she and I said in unison.

        We walked away and were on our way to our match.