Getting Closer

Friday Night Smackdown

*Cody Rhodes's POV*

        It's Friday Night Smackdown, just over a week until Summer Slam. I was happy because for once, imigie and I were going to be on commentary. It was long overdue for us to get our chance.

        I was walking backstage alone, not sure exactly how it was going to play out until I was stopped by Damien Sandow and AJ Lee. Oh, not again.

        "Cody," Damien Sandow began. "This keeps going personal. Not just between you and I alone. It's also with me and AJ against you and that pathetic little girl you have as your partner."

        The "pathetic little girl" line stirred me up in anger as I stood tall and relaxed my shoulders. I stood in front of Damien and I didn't let this faze me a single bit. 

        "I will tell you some truths," I whispered with anger hinted in my voice. "One, imigie is not a pathetic little girl. She's an Anti-Diva. I promise you that she will destroy AJ in both matches. Just wait until Summer Slam. And two, this situation will be over soon so you better say goodbye to your chances and AJ will soon say goodbye to the Divas Championship title."

        "AJ! Allow my sorrow to silence your crazy state of mind."

I turned and saw imigie come to my side, wearing the ring gear with much black and small hints of red and her back cloak over her gear. Before, I never exactly paid attention to the ring gear that she wore but this one looked oddly familiar.

I noticed that AJ looked angry. I guess it was imigie who might have called her the "c" word, the one word AJ did not like.

        "What did you call me?" AJ asked, turning to imigie.

I suddenly had a feeling that imigie would say it again, which could cause a mayhem between them. I was almost scared for what was going to happen. I kept my eyes to imigie who seemed to have a solemn expression on her face. I figured what could happen next.

        "Behind what you think you are," imigie said. "The truth that lies withing your own twisted and demented soul is that you are nothing but a crazy bitch!"

Immediately after that, AJ slapped her and both Divas were brawling in front of me and Damien Sandow. I couldn't believe what I was watching.

I pulled imigie away from AJ as Damien pulled away AJ. I turned to imigie who looked angry. Her beautiful hair was messed up. I quickly fixed it and carefully combed through it, not wanting her hair to be messed up.

        "You didn't have to do that," imigie whispered, the expression on her face looked almost sad. "I'm alright."

I quickly turned away from her and saw that Damien Sandow and AJ Lee were gone. I turned back to imigie who still looked sad.

        "I know you don't mind having your hair messed up but I'm going to keep my friends looking dashing," I replied. "Truth is that you are one of them. I don't want you to look so tortured. Save that tortured state of mind for Summer Slam. We're on commentary so it's going to be okay."

I hugged her and held her close to me. I hoped to keep any of us away from excessive brawling for the sake to save it for Summer Slam. We were only six days from from Summer Slam and we were on commentary. It was needed.

We walked down backstage for our time to go on commentary. We were to commentate on a mixed tag match, Damien Sandow and AJ verses Natayla and Tyson Kidd. 

We stopped at the curtain and patienly waited for our time to come out.

*SearingSorrow imigie's POV*