Episode 7 - (The Bauer BBQ/Part 1)

The Bauer Residence

The annual Bauer BBQ was underway as Leah was in the kitchen with her Jude along with Holly preparing the food as the Bauer's and the people of Springfield loved this time of year in the summer. It wasn't always about the fights and dramas, but sometime emotions get the best of those here in Springfield. Walking into the kitchen by herself, Mindy looked around and saw the others getting ready as she smiled.

Mindy – "Anyone need help from me so far?"

Leah frowned with her back to Mindy as Jude could sense that her sister was still angry at Mindy for what happened between her and Rick including Andy.

Holly – "Oh hey Mindy, can you get me four sets of paper plates please and then take it outside the backyard then put it on the table?"

Mindy – "Sure thing Holly"

Mindy went to one of the cabinets and reached up as she stood next to Leah before he spoke.

Mindy – "Hey Leah, how have you been?"

Leah at first wasn't talking on purpose until Jude elbowed her on the side to get her to talk so she doesn't become a jerk.

Leah – *Fake smile* "Oh, everything is just fine, I have been very busy with work and all. How's dad?"

Mindy – "Just his usual self and outside right now with your grandfather. The Bauer BBQ never gets old for them or anyone else"

Leah – "Yeah, it sure doesn't"

Mindy – "I'm going to head outside and put the plates on the table then check on your dad"

Leah – "Sure.... sounds good"

Jude – "Tell dad we said hi when you see him"

Holly – "I will go with you as well, hopefully both don't work too hard. Jude, Leah, make sure the rest of the food is ready"

Both nodded as Holly and Mindy left the kitchen before Leah sighed in relief.

Leah – "Thank god that bitch is gone"

Jude – "Seriously Leah? I know she hurt dad but she never wanted-"

Leah – "Don't even think about it Jude. I'm STILL keeping my eyes on her, I don't trust Mindy around dad"

Jude – "Then please don't do anything stupid or dumb alright? Dad and Mindy are still trying to work things out"

Jude's cell phone alerts him of a text as he looks at it and was surprised.

Jude – "Can you take care of everything else for the time being? I need to handle.... something"

Leah – "Sure, I wonder what it is though..."

Jude left the kitchen as Leah was by herself, thinking about Carly's daughter in Ava and how she's holding up.

--------------------------------------------------------

Matt and Charlotte got out of the car as Charlotte went to the back to take out some of the food to take inside the Bauer house together for today. Matt was about to join her until he saw Billy talking on the phone to someone when he made his way inside the house himself. That only meant one thing and it was trouble, so thankfully Matt saw Vanessa with a couple of bags of food in her hands. So, he had to talk to her as Matt went to Charlotte.