Chapter 28: Coming Back To The Clan

Blackfoot's POV

"What if it's a trap?" Snag muttered. "They may be sick but they still out number us. Once we're inside the camp, anything could happen."

I hissed at him, ShadowClan is in trouble and he's worried then attacking us.

Tigerclaw spoke to a border patrol and promised to help by hunting for ShadowClan.

"They're taking the fresh-kill from us on the border" Tigerclaw mewed. "I'm not putting any of us in danger for the sake of filling their bellies."

We went hunting. Snag caught a squirrel, and Tangleburr and I returned with a brace of Frogs. Tigerclaw curled his lip when he saw us with them, "ShadowClan cats like them."

We waited at the border for someone to come, I begged it would be someone I know.

"You came" said a voice.

Flintfang came out with Dawncloud, when he saw me, his expresstion changed, he was happy to see me.

Dawncloud smiled at me.

"I always keep my promises" Tigerclaw meowed.

"Thank you. I'll make sure Nightstar knows what you have done."

"Good" Tigerclaw mewed."But let us bring it into your camp, so Nightstar knows who helped him."

I pricked my ears, we were going to the camp? Maybe I might see Russetfur.

Beside me I could feel the presence of a StarClan cat, I looked over and a ghostly shape stood beside me, faint black fur and sharp green eyes, Shadow smiled.

I haven't see her in so long, I wanted to brush up against her, but no one else could see her.

"Go…" she whispered, "be with your family."

We headed to the camp, Flinfang flanked my side his fur gently touching mine, "I missed you little brother" he whispered.

Finally we headed into the camp.

So many scents of my friends and kin filled my nose, but it was taken over with the disgusting smell of sickness.

Cats looked at us and then at the prey we all caught. Tigerclaw led us to the fresh-kill pile, and we dropped our prey there.

"Look to your right" Flintfang whispered.

I turned my head and my heart stopped…

There she was. Russetfur was chating to a white apprentice with green eyes, that was my daughter Snowpaw.

I took a step forward, then back. "Go on" Flintfang urged.

I took another step towards her, slowly there was a faint wind in the air, "Russetfur…" I whispered.

The wind carried my whisper to her, I saw her straighten, then she slowly looked over at me. She gasped as I ran to her.

"Blackfoot!" She jumped into me and I licked her cheek as she whimpered in my fur, "I'm here now" I said putting my paw on hers.

"Blackfoot!" Snowpaw ran over and rubbed her head on my chest. She was a lot bigger now.

"Oh my little daughter" I leaned down to cuddle her better, "I'm so glad I can see you again" She wrapped her tail around my paw.

"Where is Ratpaw?" I looked around for my son. Sadness filled Russetfur's eyes Snowpaw bowed her head.

My jaw dropped in horror, "D-did he…"

"No no he's still alive" Snowpaw said, "But he's…"

I heard pawsteps and I saw Ratpaw looking at us, he was a little bigger than his sister, his amber eyes were so much like mine.

I took a step towards him, but he backed away and ran off, confustion filled me, "I had to tell them the real reason you were gone" Russetfue said.

I whipped around to look at her then at Snowpaw, she didn't look at me and I understood. He hated me. My own son hated me. I didn't blame him though, There were many times when I hated myself.

Fernshade and Flintfang walked up to me, Fernshade rubbed against me digging her face in my fur, "I've miss you so much" she cried.

I nuzzled her then pulled away, "Where are Hollyflower and Archeye?"

Greif filled their eyes, I knew the answer, "Their in StarClan now" Flintfang looked away.

"Nightstar!"

I looked up to see my old friend in front of me, he looked terrible, even worst then he did as an elder.

Tigerclaw, Stumpytail, Boulder, Tangleburr and Snag were at my side in a moment.

We stood staring at each other, Snowpaw walked up to Nightstar, "Please don't send my father and our clanmates away."

Tigerclaw looked at her in suprise, that she would call him her Clanmate. Nightstar shook his head, "I won't I want to say Thank you for what you did for my brother, And I'm sorry for Hollyflower and Archeye."

I nodded, "It's alright" I walked up to him and he rested his head on my shoulder as I did. Runningnose tensed but calmed down.

After a bit we broke away, "We need to leave now" Tigerclaw said. Russetfur whimpered, "I'll be back soon" I promised, I gave her a lick on the forehead and walked away.

"Tell Ratpaw I love him too" I called as she disappered.

_____________________________

The next few chapters are going to be about Blackfoot trying to reunite Ratpaw and become more of a father to his kits.
Bye~