Chapter 27: Sickness

Blackfoot's POV

"Blackfoot! Blackfoot!" Boulder called to me. "What is it?" I asked. Our wounds had finally healed and we had found a new place to live.

"I think there is something wrong with ShadowClan?" Boulder panted.

Panic prickled my fur, "What do you mean?"

"They haven't check the borders in days, but there is a fanit smell of illness" he explained. Tangleburr was at my side, "We need to check it out!" I nodded.

"Hey Tigerclaw?" I called to the tabby, "What?" He snorted obviously in a mad mood, "Tangleburr and I are going hunting" I said hoping he'd believe me.

To my surprise he nodded, "Just by back for battle training" he said then walked away, "Let's go" She whispered and we headed to ShadowClan.

We got to the border and past Clawface's grave. I stopped to looked at it.

You have no idea how much I miss you Clawface, I hope your happy in StarClan...

StarClan, he might not even be there, but I hope he is, I pray that he is.

"Blackfoot? Tangleburr?" Two green eyes stared at us from the shadows, Rowanberry and Dawncloud stepped out.

"It is you!" Dawncloud ran up to me.

"No! Don't touch him!" Rowanberry snarled.

I was taken back, "Rowanberry don't you remember me? I was your apprentice" I slowly walked up to her.

Her eyes softened, "I didn't mean it like that…there is a sickness in ShadowClan."

My heart pounded, "What kind of sickness?" Tangleburr asked.

"The sickness from rats at the Carrionplace, the entire clan is infected, Runningnose hasn't slept in over a moon, Nightstar is sick as well" Dawncloud sadly said.

"Russetfur, Snowkit and Ratkit what about them?" I asked egarly.

"Their alright, and Ratpaw has been apprenticed to Birdfeather, and Snowpaw is apprenticed to Poppycloud."

I bowed my head, Tigerclaw told me that they were apprentices, "Thank you for tell us this, we need to head back."

Dawncloud nodded but Rowanberry looked at Clawface's grave, "I'm sorry Rowanberry I miss him just as much as you do" I walked up to her.

She rested her head on my shoulder, "You brought him back, thank you" with that she pulled back and they left.

"Let's head back."

While we were walking I thought about my kits, what if cats told them their father was an exile rouge? They would hate me!

"Did you forget about battle training?" Tigerclaw meowed walking out of some bushes.

We both stared at him, how did he find us?

We're in trouble now...

"We… we were just on our way" I stammered.

"Don't lie" mewed Tigerclaw, he padded up to us and sniffing my fur, "You smell of ShadowClan- more than you did already, I mean. Who have you been talking to?"

I regained my  ShadowClan scent after I touched Rowanberry, I should have rolled somewhere so get rid of it I though.

Tangleburr flattened her ears,"We didn't cross the border, how they were."

Tigerclaw flicked his tail, "How who were?"

I step forward, I could see Tigerclaw trying not to flinch, "We have done nothing wrong," I insisted. "We just wanted to know why there were so few patrols. We met Dawncloud and Rowanberry hunting on their own. There is a terrible sickness in ShadowClan, and almost every warrior has been infected. Without hunting patrols, the whole clan is starving."

"The sickness came from the rats at the Carrionplace," Tangleburr put in. "Runningnose is doing everythinh he can but there are too many infected cats."

"Why do you think this is your problem?" Tigerclaw asked mildy. "Your Clanmates will want nothing to do with you because of your connection to Brokenstar."

My eyes flashed, "I was loyal to Brokenstar because he was the leader of my Clan, just as every ShadowClan warrior should have been! I am still a ShadowClan cat, whatever happens!"

Tangleburr nodded. "These cats that are sick and starving, they are my kin and my friends. I may have left the territory, but I can't forget them."

I watched Tigerclaw wondering how he would react. Yes ShadowClan exiled me but I still cared for each and every one of my clanmates.

Tigerclaw blinked, "For your own saftey I forbid you to enter ShadowClan's territory."

_______________________________

I really don't have much to say then… I love ketchup chip! That was random, I'm eating chips while writing this chapter.
Bye~