Chapter 7: Kits

Russetfur's POV

I watched from the inside of the nursery as my three beautiful kits played outside.

Hollyflower, Fernshade and even Rowanberry always gave me advice for raising kits.

Snowkit barrel-rolled over Ratkit and he clunched on to her. Frostykit jumped on top of Snowkit and the three kits fell and laughed.

I smiled, then decided to tell them something... a story.

"Kits! Come over here please!" I called out to them.

They tumbled their way to me and laid down looking at me with bright wide eyes.

Snowkit had green eyes like me, but Ratkit and Frostykit had amber eyes like their father.

I held back my tears and smiled, "Do you three want to hear a story?"

"About what mama?" Snowkit asked.

I tucked my paws underneath myself, "About your father."

Their eyes widened even more.

"When he was an apprentice, he went out for his assesment. I was aloud to watch, but during the assesment I was attack by a snake. I killed it but another one attack me and your father jumped out like a cat from TigerClan and protected me from the snake!" I told them.

"What happened?" Ratkit asked very into my story.

"Your father was bitten by the snake and he fell into a deep sleep" I said bowing my head.

"I had never felt so scared in my entire life. After three days in the Medicine Cats den he woke up. I knew then that I loved him and once he was better he got his warrior name Blackfoot!"

I finished my story and my kits were silent. Frostykit and Ratkit looked at each other but Snowkit walkes up to me.

"What does Blackfoot look like?" She asked.

The most handsome tom in all of the Clans my heart cried out.

"He's a white cat with giant black paws" Nightstar said from behind them.

They turned, "You know him?" Frostykit asked.

Nightstar nodded, "He was one of my best friends."

I turned my head away and quietly cried.

Oh StarClan I miss him so much, please return my percious mate back to me.

As the sun slowly rose in our camp I began to stir.

I could feel the cold from outside and I shivered. I brought my kits closer to me.

Ratkit and Snowkit began to stir as well, but Frostykit didn't.

"Frostykit?" I gave her a lick.

Nothing happened.

"Frostykit?!" I began to panic licking her but she still wouldn't stir.

My eyes began to water and I let out a cry that echo across the camp. Warrior ran out from the den, but Flintfang and Fernshade ran to me.

"Russetfur what's wrong?" He asked.

I had my daughter in my front paws and cried as I rested my head on her small little body and held her tightly.

Fernshade and Flintfang understood and the gray tom walked out and I could hear him telling the other warriors "Frostykit is dead."

Fernshade gently licked my cheek, "I'm so sorry" she whispered.

I buried my face in her fur and sobbed.

Blackfoot never even got to see her

__________________________________

Ta da! Frostykit died of the cold just in case you didn't get how she died. I just got into the Anime Soul Eater and i love it! For all Soul Eater fans out there writing in the comments who is your favorite character, cause mine is Death The Kid and Lord Death, plus Liz and Patty:-)

Bye~