Chapter 4

Entering the room Cooper could see that the woman had indeed survived the night and half day she was left bleeding. She was surrounded by a large puddle of blood and urine.

"Honey, I'm home." He mocked the woman, hoarse from screaming for help. "I'm so glad you're alive. I would have been pissed if I didn't get to kill you myself. It's all I was thinking about today" he added just to torment her.

The ringing of the phone in Coopers pocket made him pause and huff in annoyance. Grabbing it out of his pants he could see that he had a text from Sam.
SAM: Cops at the club.

Sam knew about Coopers basement guest and would only have interrupted him if it was extremely important.

"Well baby, it's your lucky day. I've got some business to handle." Sliding the phone back into his pocket, Cooper picked up the knife lying beside the woman, plunged into her gut, and pulled upward. He removed the blindfold to watch the life leave her eyes. It was his favourite part and he rarely missed an opportunity to see it.

While he was greatly disappointed that he did not get to fuck this woman one more time, he was momentarily soothed by the control he held over her to end her life whichever way he chose.

Cooper employed a whole team of people whose sole job was to clean and sanitize after him. He knew by the time he came back with a new victim that this room would be spotless and the body would be taken care of. He called them his personal crime scene cleanup crew, they went around the city cleaning up after the Devils.

Sam had sent a text to Cooper about the police as a precaution, if they had a warrant to search the club then they likely had a similar warrant to search his house. They tried this every once in a while, random searches over circumstantial evidence. It rarely yielded results. The Devils were too careful, Cooper made sure of it.

Cooper: Let them take 5

Cooper sent a quick text to Sam letting his know that if there was a warrant then they would have to risk five low level newbies to preoccupy the cops. He couldn't have his basement searched before the cleanup crew finished. It was something they often did, letting a few newbies be sent to jail in the name of the greater good.

Making his way back upstairs Cooper decided he would take a shower and get dressed while waiting to hear back from his brother. Walking down the hallway and into the large foyer that connected the front doorway to the living room, kitchen, and upstairs he could hear the cleaners pull up outside. Going up the main staircase Cooper mentally chose what clothes he would change into after his shower.

While he scrubbed himself, Cooper thought about the woman he'd just killed. It was typical. He was getting bored. Sure it was exciting during the torture, but he was finding it less and less satisfying afterwards. When Cooper was finished washing he hopped out of the shower and strolled into the connected bedroom. Walking into his larger than necessary closet he picked the first things he saw.

Once dressed and ready to see what all the fuss was about, Cooper fished the phone out of the pile of dirty clothes and called Sam.

"What happened?" Cooper said without a formal greeting towards his brother.

"Nothing Cooper, false alarm, didn't you get my text?"

"No, I was in the shower."

"Oh, well I think they were just trying to intimidate us. They didn't have warrants, they didn't even come inside." There were noises of too loud music and people yelling in the background so Cooper knew that Sam had stayed at the club to keep an eye on everything with the police. Knowing the club was in good hands, Cooper said goodbye to his brother and hung up the phone.

"I need to go get something to eat." Muttering to himself Cooper went down to his kitchen and began the search for leftovers.