Chapter 1

Cooper Grant was a man of little patience. He grew up the eldest son of James Grant, an immensely rich and powerful man. His father was the head of one of the largest gangs in America, running the city of LA. The Devils, which he jokingly named when he was six-teen not knowing it would stick for life, was his pride and joy. Even though the illegal world of drugs and hitmen was dangerous James chose to raise both of his sons within the Devils. Grooming Cooper from birth to one day run his empire. Teaching Sam, the younger son, to be loyal and follow the chain of command.

Cooper was gifted anything and anyone he desired in life. He can admit that it made him a little spoiled, but more so that it made him impatient. It didn't help him any that he was exceptionally attractive with his gorgeous green eyes, striking cheekbones, and pouty lips. He was a natural charmer that got him whoever he wanted. But he was more than just a spoiled little pretty boy. Cooper Grant could be evil. Standing a little over six feet he was a wall of rippling muscle. He was well versed in hand to hand combat and knew his way around a shooting range.

He was dangerous. Cooper has killed too many men to keep track of, all in the name the Devils of course. When he was four-teen he started to enjoy the torture and killings and even began to look forward to his enemies grovelling and begging for their lives to be spared. He relished the day James decided Cooper was ready handle "work" business by himself.

When Cooper was twenty years old his father took ill, fearing the worst, he made Cooper the new head of the Devils. James made a slow and agonizing recovery, but within three years he was back to full health. It was decided that Cooper had done such exceptional work in his three years of leadership that we would continue his position as head of the 'business'. Cooper would never admit it, but he was willing to kill to keep his position. He got off on the power from being the most feared man in the city. He'd never have another man tell him what to do again.