17

"She was so pretty and chocolate Kyaira

"She was so pretty and chocolate Kyaira. She looked just like you." Jordyn chuckled, looking at pictures of Kya with her, both of them currently laying in Kyaira's bed.

"I was so thankful for that. If she would've came out looking like her daddy after I carried her for nine months all by myself, I would've been pissed." She shook her head, a smile on her face.

"And then he left, so you would've had to look at his face every time you seen her." Jordyn added, making Kyaira laugh with a head nod.

"She hated taking pictures. I'm surprised I have as many pics as I do." She chuckled, watching Jordyn flip the page of the scrap book the two were looking through.

"I know it's a relief having memories though. How was she?" Jordyn hesitantly asked, not wanting to make her uncomfortable with the topic they'd been discussing for the last hour.

"Full of attitude, chile. She was so spoiled, we made sure she never wanted for anything. When she couldn't get her way, my baby would literally fall out on the ground. Like fall the fuck out." She shook her head, and Jordyn cracked a smile.

"Full of attitude huh? Sound familiar?" Jordyn rose an eyebrow at her, her smile remaining once Kyaira laughed.

"Yeah. She was my twin. I guess it's 'cause we was around each other so much. I couldn't be without her for long. My mama used to get so mad when I wouldn't let her take Kya out with her." She snickered, and Jordyn's smile grew.

"So she went from not wanting you pregnant, to being in love with her grandbaby huh?" Jordyn asked, and Kyaira nodded.

"My mom is African, so she's realllly strict. She thinks there's a certain way to live life, abide by every rule in the bible and such. After I turned like, 15, I damn near sent her ass into cardiac arrest 'cause I did the complete opposite of what she wanted." She shrugged with a slick smile, thinking of her teenage years.

"But she's always loved me regardless, just had a hard way of showing it sometimes. She loved Kya so much though, like I know for sure more than she loved me." She shook her head, and Jordyn laughed at the obvious jealousy.

"Can I ask a question?" Jordyn chuckled since that was literally a question, and Kyaira did as well while nodding.

"How did losing your baby specifically affect your communication skills? I know it hit other things, like maybe it's hard to attach to people-or too easy. Maybe you're naturally distanced, but why is it hard for you to talk about stuff?" She curiously asked, hoping her question wasn't formatted into a way that would upset her.

"My parents have never really been good with letting me express the way I felt. Every time I spoke on my emotions as a kid, they would always either blame it on me not following the bible, or it just being a lesson. They brushed me off a lot, and didn't take me serious because 'I was a kid' which meant I wasn't able to go through real things."