Chapter 67: Movie Night

Jack tried a lot but he wasn't feeling sleepy after some strange noise woke him up at midnight. So, he decided to step out of his room and do something else. He had just come out of his room when he heard a stifled sob.

He stood silently to locate the source of the noise and he freaked out when he realized it was coming from Samira's room. He knocked on her door and said, "Samira? It's me, Jack"

Samira opened the door after trying in vain to wipe her tears.

"What happened? Are you okay?", Jack asked feeling concerned.

"Nothing it was just a nightmare, but a really horrible one"

"You want some help ?"

Samira looked up at Jack and before she could stop herself, she hugged him tight and whispered, "Yes"

Jack rubbed her back and comforted her for god knows how long. When she was finally fine, she said, "Thank you"

Jack smiled and said, "It's no problem at all, girl"

"What are you doing up so late?"

"Some strange noise woke me at midnight and since then, I am trying to sleep but no luck"

They both sat on the bed and continued talking after that

MEANWHILE, IN THE CORRIDOR ----------

After they had spent a fair amount of time just laughing at what they had done, Bob and Ria had finally recovered from their fit of laughter. Bob said looking at his wristwatch, "I think we should go in and sleep, it's 1 AM"

"I think you are right. Just imagine the look on Jack and Samira's faces if they find us here, sitting in a corridor and laughing like idiots. They will probably turn us in at a mental hospital"

"Ya. Let's go inside", Bob said laughing.

Bob got up and pulled Ria after that. They quietly opened the door and stepped inside the apartment but they noticed that one light was on and voices were coming from inside.

"Heck! What are these guys doing awake at 1 in the bloody morning?", Bob exclaimed.

"Let's go a bit near so we can hear what they are talking about"

Both of them stepped closer to them and heard what they were talking about.

"Some strange noise woke me at midnight and since then, I am trying to sleep but no luck", Jack was saying

"You think Bob and Ria are asleep?", asked Samira

"Probably, all of us can't have problems with sleep at the exact same time, can we?", replied Jack

Bob winked at Ria and she got the message. Ria got up and walked into the room acting as if she had just woken up.

"You both are having problems with sleeping too?!", she exclaimed.

Jack and Samira were about to say 'no way!' when Jack came into the room too, acting totally surprised, "NO WAY!"

"All of us can't sleep tonight? Seriously, what are the odds?", said Samira.

"I woke up to some strange noise at midnight", Bob said acting so good, that no one could tell he was lying except Ria who actually knew the truth.

"Me too", said Ria going with the flow.

"Right?", said Jack.

"So, we all can't sleep. Then, let's watch a movie together guys. What do you guys think?"

"Brilliant idea", said Jack

"We are in", said Bob and Ria together.

What great chemistry! thought Jack.