Lucky Cat I || Princess Margaret

Your POV

"Stop bothering us for once!" My mother yelled.

I nodded and left without a word. I took my headphones, book, phone and putting it all in my bag while I'm on my way out as well.

Although there may be days when it is harder than other days, I couldn't really complain about it. I've been living by myself in London for some time now. However, my most recently adopted parents chose to come with me. I had just turned 29. I could live independently, but since I turned 18, this particular parents won't leave me alone.

Because I am their only source of income, they follow me everywhere. I moved to London to get away from this family about 8-9 months ago, but they managed to track me out.

I suppose it was now a part of my life. I foot the bill for the apartment where they reside along with my own apartment, the food, and all other necessities for their survival. But they've never offered a straightforward apology or even a slight appreciation for my hardwork.

They used my credit card, name as the person who pays their house bills, that's why every month there's a stacked of bills I have to pay.

Many people have advised me to simply evict them from the residence. It was much more difficult than what I planned it to be; perhaps later, when I'm ready. I will face them, push them out of my life.

I walked further down the road, and other issues sprang to mind. "preassure of reaching 30." it was that problem I always hear in my early 20s. It wasn't until I turned 29 that I realized how serious the issue was. Little or no one is interested in me, let alone my love life. I also don't have a solid financial situation; I have to work three jobs a week, with at least more than half of my wages going to my parents' apartment.

The sound of the door ring filled my ears.

"Y/n!"

My eyes scanned the room and landed on my friend, Tommy. He was my first friend here, he helped me settle in, even set me up to some job interviews to get my life going. He also ran a coffee shop just a few streets away from mine. He undoubtedly saved my life, and I owe him a lifetime of gratitude.

"How is it going?"

"Oh just like the usual, y'know?" As he wiped the mugs with a rag, he said. "I haven't seen you for some time."

"I apologize, but I'm pressed for some time lately. Three jobs keep me busy. Even so, can you blame me?"

"I understand that you have parasites on your back that keeps bugging you, but I feel like you are taking on way too much. You need a break, one that is desperately needed."

I shrugged it off, "Thank you for the ted-talk, but I'm good."

He grinned irritably and said, "Even knowing you for this long doesn't change that stubborn attitude of yours."

"I couldn't say I was surprised," as a small smirk crept across my lips.

He set the clean cup down while chuckling slightly. "Go sit down, I'll bring the coffee to you."

"I haven't payed, you idiot."

"You still insisted on paying after all of the time I say it. It's on the house. Go sit down."

I chuckled as I took a seat near to the window. I start browsing through the feeds after pulling out my phone. It was just like the regular, nothing too out of the ordinary. The stack of new emails chimed my notification.

Suddenly a group of people appeared; though they made no attempt to enter, they were just kind of walking in front of the coffee shop. They were concentrated on the street. Who is it this time? I wonder. Police arrived on motorcycles and surrounded a specific black vehicle.