Simply Gold II || George

Your POV

"Hello?" Said the woman from the other line.

"Hi, yes. I'm looking for a woman named George?"

"Oh, that's me. What do you need me for?" She questioned.

Crap- how do I say this.

"I don't know if you remember someone named y/n.. in your childhood."

She was quiet for a moment, "yes, I do remember someone named Y/n. How do you know that?"

I smiled giddily, even though she couldn't see me. It was a relief, but I was still clueless about what to say next.

"Well.. I'm Y/n. I found your number behind an old picture of you and me in a park together."

"Oh yes, that."

She sounded despondent whatsoever, I don't know the reason for it. I don't think she was comfortable enough to tell me since it was so long ago anyway.

The phone line went silent.

"Do you remember anything?" She added.

"Little foggy on it, but I do know one thing," I said, switching the phone from one ear to another. "You were a big part of my childhood. Like if I'd have to describe my childhood, that'll be you."

"Do you remember anything?" I added back.

"I remember going to this one specific-" I heard a sniff coming from her, gesturing to me that she was indeed weeping. "Moment."

I grew worried because I can feel her emotions even through a simple conversation through a call.

"I remember going to this one specific park with y/n almost every week."

And then she just stopped talking.

(Notice how George said Y/n, not you because she could barely believe that it was all really happening or was someone just pranking her.)

"Uhuh," I tried gesturing her to continue but she never did. All I can hear is the sound of heavy rain in the background, followed by the sound of her sniffles here and there.

"I'm sorry-" Her voice was held back, "I'm quite busy right now, I'll call you when I'm free."

Before I could even reply, the familiar sound of the call beeping filled my ears.

I put my phone down on my lap, wondering what just happened.

I knew the only way I could figure all of this out is by; going through the memory lane of that journal.

I quickly picked up all of the other stuff, including the scarf, pens, pencil, pictures but I took the necklace with me, holding it tight in the palm of my hand.

I place the box back in the corner where I found it. I then took the journal along with the necklace to the couch.

I situate myself comfortably on the couch before continue reading.

'August 13th, 1961

Dear diary, I'm turning 9 soon! Earlier today, George had asked me to come bowling with her on my birthday! Just a few more days.. It's gonna be the best.day.ever!'

Here's the thing, my parents had never cared for my birthday, I couldn't even remember the last time they celebrated or even wished me a happy birthday. They were petty people. But I was used to it anyway, so It didn't bother me that much.

Next page.

'August 15th, 1961

Dear diary, so much had happened today. Today was more than I ever imagined, we went bowling, going up against each other. We also got dinner, she ordered steak for me, and since she didn't buy anything, I decided to share my meal.