Simply Gold I || George

(Quick disclaimer, I will try to make this make sense and understandable, but this one-shot will be unrelated to the series)

Your POV

February 17th, 1982

I was moving into my new house. I just took some of the necessary things I needed, and some boxes I haven't opened in quite some time.

I was getting settled when I saw a box in the corner of my eyes. It was brown colored, a bit patched off and dusty. I don't remember taking any brown boxes when I moved.

I approached the box, cleaning the dust with my hands. After I opened it, there was a note located at the top of it. The note was just like a normal note would be like, it was from a ripped page, and folded not so neatly.

I took it and as soon as I opened the page, I quickly took notice of some stains, like water. I'm guessing I was crying while writing this.

'Dear future me,

Well, this is weird. I'm 10 right now, what is it like now? Is my life a lot better? Have I moved away?

in this box, I stored everything I have of this girl. She was a student in my class and a very dear friend of mine. We took many pictures together, lots of items with memories as well. You must be wondering why I store it here, well.. she's moving out of town today.

I cried for hours. She couldn't do anything about it. It hurts and stings to my heart. I also regretted not confessing my feelings to her in time. I just wish she would've stayed a lot longer.

She never confessed to me either, which is sad. I heard many rumors from my other close friends that she liked me back but I guess none of us has the guts to say anything about it.

It's not like people would accept the relationship of a female in love with the same sex, I wouldn't even think mom or dad will agree with the relationship either.

I hope people would change their minds about the LGBTQ+ community. But as of right now, all I can dream is that it'll change soon.

October 6th, 1963'

I put the note aside, giving the box a quick scan of the items. I saw a red scarf, it was neatly folded inside. There was also a golden book necklace on the top of the scarf.

I look more through it, and saw some ballpoints, pencils, along with a journaling book. It was really old items, and it feels wrong for even me to touch them.

I gently took out the items, taking closer looks at the item. I pulled the gold necklace out. I got a bit confused, but my eyes saw the little gap between the book. It didn't take me hard to open it.

it was dusty of course, but with some tissue, I could see something.

On the left side of the book was engraved, 'Forever with you.'

And on the right side was a picture of 2 people holding hands. I didn't see the person exactly, more like from the forearm to the fingers.

Then I pulled out the scarf, pulling it closer to my face. I took a deep breath, and I can still smell a hint of perfume on it. It brings a lot of nostalgia of my childhood. Because if you ask me if I could describe my childhood in a smell, this is exactly what it smells like.

I then pulled out the book. It was a blue-colored book, the pages were dirty white, almost yellow I might add. I opened the book, reading the first page. The book was filled with words, there was not a single page empty.

'July 30th, 1961

Dear diary, today I got a new friend! Her name is George. She had brown hair, followed by those beautiful brown chocolate eyes. She helped me with my math homework today.

She was a few years older than me, she was a sweet person. She was also very patient with me when I didn't understand. Not to mention, very hilarious as well. She likes to put jokes in between materials to cheer me up.'

Next page.

'August 3rd, 1961

Dear diary, I met George again today. She told me that she would be happy to teach me in other lessons! Isn't that crazy? For me it is.

She was smart, yet so nice. Today we learned history! Who knew history could be this fun to learn, I didn't know that before. But now it has turned into one of my favorite classes.'

Next page.

'August 9th, 1961

Dear diary, again I did another lesson with George. Today she brought some snacks for us to eat while she helped me study, she even prepared questions to ask me about previous materials!

Although our study session ended a lot sooner than usual today because my parents picked me up. Here's the thing, they never cared if I returned home or not so sometimes I would go home at 5 P.M and they wouldn't even notice.'

It will take me ages to go through these pages one by one. I put the book aside, along with the pens and pencils.

Then I saw the pictures. There were quite a few. It was black and white, a picture where I was sitting down on the sofa reading, one picture only contains book stacks, one with me laughing.

But the last one caught my eye, it was a picture where George and I were standing in the middle of a park. She had one arm on my shoulders, and one hand on her side.

We were both smiling widely in the picture, but that wasn't the thing that caught my attention. It was because, in that photo, George was wearing the scarf that I saw a few minutes ago in that box.

I flipped the photo over, there was a time where the photo was taken and a phone number attached to it.

So of course, I thought of calling the number. But I had doubts because this was 19 years ago.

After going back and forth, I finally decided to just give it a call. Maybe, just maybe she was still using the same number.

I was nervous when the call was beeping.

"Hello?" Said the woman on the other line.

A/N HEREE!

Okay I think I'll stop there for the first part of this story. I hope you enjoyed this nonetheless. I haven't watched the series just yet, so that's why this story is not gonna be based on the series. I'll try to watch the series soon, so I can make a sort of combination between the two real series, and my imaginary.

Also, don't forget to vote people <3