Intoxicated in you || Elizabeth Taylor (NSFW)

Your POV

Like every night before the end, the thunderous claps could be heard through the curtains.

I've been a show manager here for nearly three years, but it wasn't until recently that I got the chance to work with the infamous Burton and Taylor, particularly Elizabeth Taylor. We don't get along, which is funny. She never truly loved my presence, so we never do get along with each other. I don't know what I have done was wrong up to this moment to have her despise me so much.

Although I made an effort to avoid her, but the nature of my job required that I see her on a regular basis especially since the start of this show.

I was becoming frustrated since nothing I do for her ever seems to pay off; instead, all she does is stare at me and shrug. She never really gave me a simple 'Thank you'.

"It's a wrap everyone!"

I reviewed the agenda for the following day as I sat in the neighboring chair. Working here hasn't really allowed me to take any time off for myself, but I enjoy it that way since I wouldn't feel comfortable lying in bed all day. I would find ways to make myself busy.

Of course, each year we elect a team captain, and for whatever reason, I was chosen this time around.

I've become accustomed to seeing Elizabeth every day; today was the third show of the week.

I heard some footsteps approaching to where I was sitting, and there she stood along with some other people. Smiling, being loved by everyone she meets. She was aware that I was seated just across from where she was standing, yet she made no attempt to acknowledge me or feel the need to say hi.

I never confronted her of anything. I knew she hated my guts, especially after the day I was told that I would be in charge of planning every aspect of this event to the point we meet face to face, I was certain she disliked me to my very core.

I was aware that this show was crucial since Burton and Taylor are a well-known couple. They never seem to find tranquility. Sure, they would grin and clasp hands on the front stage. Closed doors, however, make them appear foreign. They never talk, but once they did, their arguments would be heard across the corridors.

I observed that my surroundings started to become strangely silent. I glanced up from my board and saw Elizabeth standing there. As soon as I looked up, her eyes began to quickly migrate away from me in panic. Soon after, she leaves, but that's usual.

The night was very young, but everyone quickly began to leave the building one by one. Not me, I didn't leave, I stayed behind. It's my responsibility to inspect the rooms to ensure that nothing was left behind before I departed.

When I went into the main employees' room, it was as silent as normal. I examine the drawers, the table, and the lockers.

I know I haven't checked the main rooms, Burton's, or Taylor's room after circling the other rooms for the previous hour. They were always the last rooms I check, just so I wouldn't have to bother them if they haven't left.

First, I look in Burton's room; it was dark, so I guess he left already. He doesn't actually leave any signs of his presence; the tables in his room are spotlessly clean, making it look as though no one had ever been there.

Each of the major rooms has a single bed, a sofa, a small bar with a large vanity, and, of course, a respectably sized bathroom. The same holds for Taylor's room.

I envy these people, they get whatever they want from anyone without asking. Living the barbie life everyone dreams of. Although it might not all be sunshine and rainbows, I knew they have a dark side to it.