A bet || Lucy Honeychurch

Here you go! @hellieswife <33

Your POV

I was on my way to lucy's house, when I saw something that caught my eye. It gave me an idea, I ran towards her house, bursting right in.

"Love?" I called as I poked my head on the doorway.

She was in the middle of her reading, but soon gazed towards the doorway where i'm standing. "Yes?"

"Are you busy today?" I questioned, making my way to her.

"Nope, i'm free today. Why?"

"I want to take you somewhere."

"Madam y/n, are you asking me on a date?" She teased.

I gave her a slight smirk, "Maybe~, you'[d have to come with me to find out."

She seemed to blush at my words and rose from her seat, following me out.

"So- What are we doing?"

"I saw something on my way, and I thought it could a fun way to spend our time," I explained.

Soon we arrived to a house, with a little board saying 'GARAGE SALES'

I intertwined my hand with hers, and pulled her inside.

A lot of things caught my eye, it was not crowded, which was good. I'm pretty sure we are the only ones here but I don't mind that.

The placed was stacked with antiques, electronics, and more. Step by step into a complete stop, lucy seemed to look at me confused on what are we doing here.

"I took you here because I want to do a bet with you," I spoke.

"A bet? " She seemed intrigued.

"Yes, We can look around for around an hour, and we will see who will have the most interesting item by the end of it. The loser, will have to do whatever the winner wanted to do or need for a whole 24 hours."

"Sounds like a plan."

"Meet me here in an hour, alright?" She nodded and went on her way.

She went to the right while i go to the left. 

We scattered around, going through all of the stacked items, some caught my eyes but not so much. There's some artwork that caught my eye, I scanned through the paintings, and my eyes landed on something shiny. 

Sort of hidden, I slowly took the piece of painting out, seeing it was a gold and blue waves paintings. it was beautiful.

I planned on settling up with this but I should look around more considering I have around 35 more minutes left. So far, the stuff is not so interesting. I was turning around the corner, to the books sections. To find lucy looking through each and every one of them.

"If you're gonna look through just books, you're gonna run out of time," I teased.

She rolled her eyes playfully, but continued whatever she was doing.

I walked around the place, from mugs, record players, vases, kitchen appliances, duck decoys, some parfumes bottles and more. Yet no luck, I was about to settle with the painting until I saw something layed on the corner of the room. It was a dusty popcorn maker. I approached the item, checking the parts for it. it may be dusty but It was all intact. All the pieces was there, just needed a good scrub.

I checked the clock, and we only have 5 minutes left before the 1 hour is up.

I slowly took the popcorn maker with me, waiting for her where we started.