Chapter 26

Harry's P.O.V

Ron, Hermione and I walked to Hogsmeade later on that day. Before I left, I didn't even check my Marauder's Map to see where Malfoy was.

This was because I knew that if I found out he was in the same spot as he was the other day, I'd make some excuse to Ron and Hermione so I could do as I had done before.

I brought my Invisibility Cloak with me, as I thought you never know when you might need it.

Ron and Hermione spent the whole time talking on the way, while I was just thinking.

As we reached the Shrieking Shack, they starting kissing.

"Guys, please keep the snogging to a minimum while I'm around," I told them.

"Oh Harry, you're right. We're sorry," Hermione laughed.

"Anyone fancy a Butterbeer?" Ron asked us.

"Well alright. What about you, Harry?" said Hermione. I opened my mouth to respond, but then I heard it.

Malfoy's singing. Again. I thought I was going crazy, so shook my head. Wow! His singing must have mesmerised more than I thought.

"Oh okay," said Hermione.

"What- oh, no! I meant-" I said, but I heard it again. This time, for longer.

I wasn't imagining it, I definitely heard it. It sounded so distant, but real. It sounded like it was coming from the Shrieking Shack right next to us.

"Um, Harry?" Hermione said. I wondered if Ron and Hermione could hear it too.

I couldn't go to the Three Broomsticks, I had to investigate.

"Actually you two go on, I'm just gonna check something out," I said.

"Right," said Ron, and he and Hermione left hand-in-hand.

Once they were out of sight, I walked into the Shrieking Shack and pulled out my Invisibility Cloak.

I walked up the stairs and Malfoy's singing became clearer. He was definitely here- upstairs.

When I reached the top of the stairs, I put on the cloak and stepped slowly into the room in which the singing was coming from, careful not to make a noise.

I saw Malfoy; he was sitting on the floor looking out the window, as he played guitar and sang.

Every now and then, he looked down at his guitar, causing a white-blonde bit of hair to fall over his grey eyes. He was wearing a completely black tailored outfit.

I flinched when I saw him at first, but them became aware of the fact I was completely invisible.

I wanted to get closer, so stepped forwards but caused a wooden floor board to creak loudly. Crap. I forgot this place creaks, I thought.

I had done it now. Malfoy looked stopped playing guitar and singing and looked up quickly right at me...