Chapter 36

Draco's P.O.V

"Goodnight Draco."

"Night, Harry," I said, as we kissed once more before I walked through the portrait to my common room.

Harry and I had been dating for a few weeks now, and tonight we decided to go for a night walk together.

I knew I was particularly late back in tonight, but at least everyone would be asleep.

I walked through the small corridor after the portrait and entered my common room.

It was empty, all except for a sleeping Blaise in an armchair, holding a book. I didn't know he read! Best not wake him, I thought.

Him finding out about Harry and I was the last thing I needed.

I treaded carefully around him to get to my dormitory, and when my back was turned I suddenly heard him speak.

"Draco?"

I stopped mid-step, dead in my tracks, and clenched my teeth. Great- I woke him. I turned slowly to face him.

He was standing up now, holding his book beside him. His face wore an expression of clear tiredness, obviously put on confusion, and I could swear I detected satisfaction.

"What are you doing up this late?" I asked.

"I was reading then I fell asleep. How come you've just got in?" He said.

I paused. It wasn't like Blaise to read... not like Blaise at all in fact. And the way he said this- it was almost like it was planned or something. He was up to something... I knew it. I thought for a bit.

"Wait a minute... this was deliberate, wasn't it? You tried to stay awake so you could catch me didn't you? You pretended to read, is that right?" I questioned. He looked shocked.

"I-I er... I-" he stuttered.

"Spit it out, Blaise!" I spat.

He sighed and bowed his head.

"Yes. It's true. I'm sorry! It's just, well, oh Draco, I know about you and Potter!" He said quickly.

I narrowed my eyes at him.
"How long have you known?"

"Since, er, since you ditched me that day after DADA to meet him. I see the way you look at him, mate, it's kinda obvious. It's not like I mind," he added quickly when he must've noticed my embarrassment.

"Thank you Blaise," I said.

"I also should tell you my secret now, so we're even," he said.

"Go on," I said eagerly.

"I fancy Ginny Weasley," he said blushing. I raised my eyebrows.

"Dude? Seriously?" I said.

"Well she's cool," he shrugged.

"Blaise, you'd be cute together," I said as he laughed.

"Yeah, well, I think it's time I went up now," he said, looking at his watch, "you coming?"

I nodded. We both went up to bed, and I was just glad Blaise accepted me.

For the first time in my life probably, I actually felt everything was going well.
For now, at least.

♡  The Mistaken Hate: Drarry जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें