Chapter 27

Draco's P.O.V

A floorboard creaked suddenly. I stopped playing guitar and singing at once. I knew this place creaked, but that definitely sounded like it was made by a human.

I turned my head quickly to the place in which the creak came from, expecting to meet eyes with someone, but there was no one there!

I blinked. Did I imagine it? Surely not.

"Who's there?" I called out, still staring at the spot. I waited. No response.

"Well? I'm gonna give you one last chance to show yourself," I said.

I waited, and again there was no response.

I decided I was probably just imagining it after all, so started to turn back to my guitar when something weird happened.

The air I was staring at was moving. It fell down quickly like cloth, to suddenly reveal a person. My eyes widened when I saw who it was.

"Potter!" I said, standing up. Potter stood there, holding an Invisibility Cloak. His hair was messed up. He looked so sexy!

"And may I ask why exactly you're stalking me?" I asked him.

"I- I heard singing," he stammered, raising his eyebrows. I sighed and walked to sit down on a window ledge.

This was so awkward, I had absolutely no idea he had been watching me! How long had he been doing this for?

There was a pause as I looked out onto the open grounds of Hogsmeade outside, until I became aware of the fact Potter was still standing there staring at me.

I turned to look at him, then stood up.

"You're- um... you're really good..." He said.

"Oh- uh... thanks..." I replied.

Another pause. We just stood looking at each other, as the only sound to be heard was the chatting of people enjoying themselves outside.

I stared into his beautiful sea-green eyes, as he stared into mine. Then Potter broke the silence and looked away quickly.

"I- I guess I'd better be off then..." He said, turning for the door.

"Oh- yeah, right..." I said, following him to the door. Potter starting to step down the stairs, but then I stopped him.

"Potter," I said softly. He turned around at once to face me, so we were currently about an inch apart.

I stared into his eyes once more. Damn, we were close enough to be kissing.

"To be honest... I'm flattered you watched me singing... and I'd just like to say you're welcome to stalk me whenever you like from now on," I said.

He laughed and nodded once. I saw a friendliness in his eyes I'd never seen before.

He then turned and walked down the stairs, finally leaving the Shrieking Shack.

I walked back to the window ledge and sat down, staring at Potter out the window as he walked to The Three Broomsticks.

As I watched him, I remembered the moment we looked into each other's eyes a minute ago.

As our eyes were connected, it was like they formed a circuit together when met, and I could feel the electricity.

It sounded stupid to say, or even think for that matter, but there was no other way of putting it.

I think Potter and I were in love.