Chapter 23

Harry's P.O.V

On Saturday I woke up with a strange desire. It was almost like a craving, I felt I just had to listen to it again. This, of course, was Malfoy's singing.

I know, it's weird, but ever since I witnessed it yesterday it really mesmerised me.

It was so peaceful to listen to, and like I said before, could calm anyone down in an instant.

Maybe this was just because of my feelings for Malfoy, but all the same, he really was a good singer!

Anyway, Ron and Hermione met me breakfast in the morning with a question.

"Harry, what are you doing today?" Hermione asked.

I thought for a moment. I actually was hoping to catch Malfoy in his moment again, seeing as tomorrow I'd have no chance considering Ron, Hermione and I would be off to Hogsmeade.

"Ah, I'm probably just gonna go for a bit of a walk, y'know? Get some air..." I lied.

"Oh, okay..." Hermione said. She glanced sideways at Ron next to her, who stared back. I looked up at them.
"Why?" I asked.

"Well no reason really, it's just... well... you see, Ron and I think you're going for walks alone quite a lot... and er..."
Ron sighed.

"Harry, we're a bit concerned," Ron said. I frowned at them.
"Why?" I asked.

"We understand, Harry, after the war things are a bit difficult to process with all the deaths and everything. Especially for you, I mean, you did it Harry! You killed him. But surely it's about time we moved on from that. It's important to keep up with your education too," Hermione said.

"I am keeping up with my education. I just want a walk, alright?" I said.

"Fine, Harry, but just remember we have tried to help. Going for a walk won't be a good excuse forever!" She called as I walked out of the Great Hall.

Hermione was annoying when she cared. I mean, yes, I do appreciate my friends being caring, but when will she learn to just accept?

I walked up the our common room and into my dorm. I grabbed my Marauder's Map instantly, and wasted no time in scanning it for 'Draco Malfoy'.

I found it, but my heart sank when I noticed that he wasn't in the location I had hoped. Instead, he was in his dorm.

According to the map, he was sitting down at a desk just writing. I thought this was odd for Draco Malfoy, as he hadn't been to lessons for ages, so surely he'd have no homework.

I assured myself that later on in the day he'd probably be back in his usual spot, singing.

I put the map away, and rejoined Ron and Hermione back in the Great Hall.

My obsession with Malfoy could rest for a while.