Chapter 25

Third Person

Flashback

Harry flew above the tall flames in the Room of Requirements. He and Ron were making there way out on brooms.

Harry then remembered- Malfoy! He felt a pang of guilt as he turned his broom to look over.

Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle were climbing up a stack of objects, hanging on for dear life. Goyle let go, and Harry watched horrified as he fell into the flames.

Harry could no longer watch the struggle of Draco Malfoy, even though he had indeed been bullying him and his friends for six years.

Harry turned his broom and flew towards them.

"What are you doing!?" Ron shouted to Harry.

"We can't leave them!" Harry shouted in response. Ron followed him on his broom.

"Harry, if we die for them I'm gonna kill you!" Ron said.

Harry made a swoop down and extended an arm out to Malfoy, who attempted to grab but failed as more flames surrounded him.

Harry flew round and down once more, reaching out his arm.

Malfoy made a final reach, and succeeded this time as Harry pulled him onto his Firebolt behind him. Ron had done the same for Crabbe, but reluctantly.

It was perfect timing, for at that very moment the tall flames now surrounded the area in which Malfoy was hanging on, catching fire to it.

Harry felt excitement as he flew back to the door with Malfoy right behind him.

Was the reason he was excited because he liked saving people's lives? Or was it just because this was a tense moment?

Harry did not know, but they finally flew out of the Room of Requirements and Malfoy tumbled off the Firebolt at once, running away with Crabbe following.

Harry's excitement ended. Was this because Malfoy didn't even thank him for saving his life?

Harry didn't care, but hoped Malfoy would from that moment on have a slightly warmer attitude toward him.