Chapter 8

Draco's P.O.V

I woke up very early in the morning, which was weird considering last night I was tired. Usually when I'm tired I don't wake up till around midday.

Anyway, it turns out I wasn't the only one who was awake in my dormitory- Pansy was too.

"Morning Dwaco!" She said with a baby voice. Pansy was honestly the most annoying and clingy person I've ever met.

I yawned in response, then looked at the clock. I realised how long I had till lessons were beginning, so stood up.

"Where are you going?" Asked Pansy.
"For a walk-"
"Ooo, can I come?"
"-alone," I continued.

I didn't know where I'd go, but anywhere was better than being with Pansy. I grabbed some clothes which weren't my robes and changed in a different room.

I then headed for the corridors, as I figured there was nowhere else to go at this time. The corridors were dark, and took ages to get through when you couldn't see where you were going, so I decided to up my pace a bit-
BUMP!
I suddenly collided with someone.

"Hey, watch where you're going!" I said angrily at the mystery person.
I started to walk away when I heard them say, "Lumos!"
My heart skipped a beat; that voice sounded a lot like-

"Potter!" I said as his profile became visible from his wand.
"What are you doing down here this late?" I scoffed, trying to sound displeased at his presence.

"I might ask you the same question," he responded calmly, with no hint of anger in his voice whatsoever.
"Is that really any of your business, Potter? And for the record, I happen to be going for a walk."
"As it happens, so am I."
"Ah right, now if you don't mind I'll be on my way."

I started to walk away, but-
"Malfoy wait!" He called after me.
I turned around to face him.
"What is it Potter?" I spat.

He opened his mouth to say something, then closed it again and shook his head.

"Nothing," he said and walked away.
"Nox," I heard him say in the distance, leaving me standing there alone in the darkness, still facing the area in which he disappeared.