Chapter 30

Harry's P.O.V

Over the next few days, Draco and I became even closer. Visiting him while he was playing guitar became a regular thing for me, and he had changed.

I saw a Draco Malfoy I'd never seen before; a kind-hearted one. It was like he was a different human all together, and I felt different too.

I was relaxed when I was with him, and even though we were now what you could call friends, we both knew very well to keep this a secret.

I spent equal amounts of time with Ron and Hermione, and whenever I 'hung out' with Draco I'd always make a believable excuse. Each time, a different, subtle excuse.

My life was actually going quite well now. My only concern was that I was still madly in love with Draco, and I knew I'd never be able to confess.

It was possible we could end up together, seeing as he was gay and we were now friends.

But I was just scared, and I knew if I never told him how I felt, he sure as hell wouldn't! He didn't like me.
*
Many months passed, and it was now February 14th- Valentine's Day.

In truth, I had always hated this day because I usually received love letters from girls at breakfast.

Of course I only recently found out I was gay, so before I didn't know why it never really excited me to receive those notes.

Anyway, this year maybe I'd be receiving love letters from boys instead.

Pfft, yeah right. There weren't any gay people at this school other than me and Draco, that I was aware of.

Speaking of Draco, we had become quite good friends now, and his hobby of playing guitar came to an end, after he received a note during one breakfast (which he later showed to me) by Professor Mcgonagall, expressing her concerns due to his long periods of absence. He was now coming to classes again.

Anyway, during Valentine's Day
breakfast, the Great Hall was decorated, as usual, with pink decor and real flying cupids.

Letters were being opened everywhere, and to my surprise I still found loads of love letters at my seat when I arrived. All of which were written by girls.

I sighed as I ate my breakfast while everyone around me was either kissing, hugging or going "Awh!"

I wouldn't be doing anything all day. Ron and Hermione had planned something special together, which made me depressed.

This was because it made me think of how much I wished I'd be spending this day with Draco. There was nobody else I'd rather be with.

I looked over at Draco, but my vision was suddenly blocked by a huge pink envelope in front of my eyes. It dropped right in front of me onto the table.

I picked up the letter and turned it around. It had 'Harry' written in very neat and swirly handwriting on the front. I sighed. It was just another stupid letter from a girl.

I thought I may as well open it, as even though I was upset about Draco I thought it was nice to know I was liked by someone. It read in swirly handwriting:

Dear Harry,

You are brave, courageous, and an all round nice guy;qualities a true Gryffindor possesses. The list of course goes on and on, but let me tell you courage was never something I had. I never had courage to confess this one thing: I love you. Though we never bonded through the years, I had been loving you the entire time. If you feel the same way, meet me in the Astronomy Tower tonight at 9pm and make sure you're alone.

Love, Anonymous