Chapter 28

Harry's P.O.V

I knew Malfoy was probably joking when he said I could stalk him whenever I liked, but I still got his blessing, joke or no joke!

Also, it sounds weird- but I honestly thought I detected friendliness from him I'd never thought I'd get. It was like he had... changed.

Or maybe he just realised how much of a douche-bag he had been before and decided to make a change.

Anyway, with his 'permission' I thought it'd be funny to follow him again. This time, without Invisibility Cloak.

I wanted to find out when Malfoy was next playing guitar, so on Monday I did something both very brave and very risky: I sent him a note during breakfast.

I know, it's quite big, I mean one minute we are still kind of enemies and the next we are on note-terms?!

I realised Malfoy had no friends anymore, so it was unlikely he'd tell them and laugh about it. I saw him sitting alone anyway.

I ripped a bit of parchment out of my journal in my bag, and wrote on it:

Malfoy,

When are you next playing guitar? I thought with your 'permission' I'd come and watch maybe?

Harry

I read through the note one last time, then folded it up and put a spell on it so it would fly to Malfoy.

I watched as he caught it, opened it up, and read.

He smirked once he'd read it, then flipped the parchment over and got a quill out of his bag. He started to write, then folded it up and made it fly back to me.

I caught the note, eager to find out what it said, and turned it over and read:

Potter,

Sounds good. I'll be playing guitar during first lesson today in the Forbidden Forest. If you arrive but I'm not there, meet me at the entrance to the dungeons.

See you then, Draco.

Relieved that I got friendly response, I looked over at Malfoy who was already looking at me.

I smiled genuinely and he smirked then looked away. He looked good when he smirked.

"What's that?" I heard a voice say next to me, bringing me back into reality.

I turned at once to see Hermione, looking over my shoulder in attempt to read the note.

"Oh, nothing," I said quickly, and folded the note then shoved into my bag fast.

"Oh okay. Erm, Harry? You weren't thinking of skiving off classes again today were you? Because I think you really do need to catch up on work and-"

But at that I stood up and walked out of the Great Hall.

It was rude, I know, but I couldn't help feel excited for my meeting with Malfoy.

I knew it wasn't a date or anything, but still. I would be heading to the Forbidden Forest next, and I needed time to calm myself.

What Malfoy didn't know was that I had already visited him when he was outside the dungeons, so I knew where it was.

He also didn't know that I owned a Marauder's Map, so I'd be able to find my way anyway.

Suddenly the bell rang. It was time.

I quickly attempted to flatten my messy hair, and checked my Marauder's Map. Malfoy was heading for the forest.

I grabbed my wand, then made my way to the Forbidden Forest.