Chapter 6

Draco's P.O.V

Mcgonagall's start-of-term speech droned on for ages, or so it seemed at least. She was going on about how everything was to be "perfectly safe now that Dark Lord has made his end".

For some reason, I sat and listened the whole time. I don't even know why, I guess I just assumed I may as well should, seeing as I was once on Voldemort's side. It was never my choice, it's just my duties lay, as always, with my family.

Anyway, the feast eventually started and I found myself constantly looking at Potter. I even caught him looking at me a few times too, which I found quite strange. I reminded myself it was probably because of our moment on the train, and continued eating.

At one point, me and Potter met eyes for a few seconds, and I couldn't help myself- I smiled at him! Luckily, Blaise broke off the awkwardness by talking to me.

"Things are so much worse these days without The Dark Lord. I can't believe that prat killed him. Now we have to spend another year here!"
"What- oh, yeah. I agree."
"I say Voldemort should have killed Potter in the chamber of secrets during second year, then all the mudbloods would be gone once and for all. Don't you agree, Malfoy?"
"Yeah."
"Malfoy, what's gotten into you lately? You're acting very weird..."
"Nothing! I'm just -uh- tired I guess. Yeah..."
"Right," said Blaise, eyeing me suspiciously.

Luckily, dinner ended soon after and everyone went to their common rooms. Blaise, Crabbe and Pansy decided to stay up, planning a way to sabotage Potter's next Quidditch match probably.

I went to bed, as it wasn't a complete lie- I was slightly tired. I fell asleep instantly, dreaming of Potter.