Chapter 36

"Kitten."

Belladonna looked up from the sewing project she was working on and removed her foot from the pedal. "Bear," She smiled softly at him.

"Kitten we talk," He said walking over to her and spun the chair around so she was facing him. "Come."

"Okay," She said frowning slightly as she followed him into the living room. "Where's Flower?"

"Taking a nap," Corey said handing her the baby monitor that had a camera on it. She saw her daughter in her bed with Snow laying beside her while Max was at her feet.

"What's going on?" She asked nervously.

"Asshole dead," Raven just point blankly said.

"What?" She asked in both confusion and shock.

"Calla Lilly's biological father has been killed," Owen said as he cleaned his glasses.

"I'm sorry what?" She gasped.

Kota handed her a piece of paper and she looked down at it then reached behind her to grasp something so she could sit. Hands wrapped around her and she found herself sitting in Silas' lap. There in black and white was the notification letter that one Edward Lee Jones was found murdered in the men's shower. He was beaten, stabbed, chocked, and sodomized resulting in death by blunt force trauma and blood loss.

"He's really gone," She whispered as she looked it over and over.

"Da," Raven nodded as he crouched down in front of her.

She looked up at him and stared for a few seconds, "Did you have anything to do with this?"

"Da," he nodded honestly.

She threw herself onto him making him fall back chuckling, "Thank you Bear," She sniffled as tears broke free and spilled down her face.

"Kitten okay?" He asked as he gently pulled her back.

"I'm so happy," she sniffled. "Tears of relief, I promise."

"Good," He smiled.

"How?" She asked curiously.

"Cousin Grigoriy," He explained.

"Father made sure he got transferred there once he found out," Corey explained better.

"Won't that add onto his sentence?" She frowned, "As much as I appreciate it, I don't want more time added onto his sentence because of me."

"No proof," Raven shook his head, "He leave soon."

"There's no evidence of him doing anything for any of his...jobs," Corey explained. "He will be released soon due to not enough circumstantial evidence. Grigoriy is the best at what he does with Raven being second, Grigoriy taught him."

"Oh," She whispered, "I think I'm okay with not knowing anything else."

"Da?" Raven nodded and she nodded. "Da," He pushed her hair out of her face. "You know just ask."

"Okay," She smiled, "Thank you Bear." She kissed him softly then giggled when he growled when she pulled back.

"Soon," he growled and she shrugged.

"Maybe," she whispered and he nodded. "Thank you for not pushing."

"Da," He nodded and ran his thumb across her bottom lip, "Worth wait." Her eyes lit up as she smiled softly making him smirk.

"Hey, where's my niece?" Jess asked as the front door flung open making Belladonna jump.

"Sleeping," Kota chuckled. "It's nap time for her."

"Annie Tessie?" A small voice came from the top of the stairs.

"Well it was," Kota chuckled, "Hey Flower, what are you doing awake? You should still be sleeping."

"I hear Annie Tessie," She explained as Kota carried her down the stairs with Snow and Max right by his side. "Hi Annie Tessie."

"Hey Flower," She smiled as she took her from Kota. "Wanna go to the zoo with Nana and me?"

"No go wif?" She asked and Jessica nodded.

"Of course he would, Night and Max also," She smiled, "As long as they have their special vests on they can come with us."

"As long as it's okay with Mommy and Daddies," Erica said as she came in. "Hi everyone."

"Perfect timing since Max's vest finally came in with his certifications," Kota smiled. "It's ultimately up to Mommy though."

"As long as Night, Snow, and Max go with you, it's okay," Belladonna smiled. "Protection for everyone."

"Taint too Mommy," Calla Lily smiled as she hugged her tightly.

"Come on Flower, let's go get you changed and get your bag ready, Daddy will get the puppies ready to go," Jessica beamed as she took her upstairs.

"Her stitches will be ready to come out soon," Sean said to Erica who nodded.

"I'll keep an eye and remove them if they seem ready," She said. "Are you sure you are okay with all three dogs going with us?"

"I'd feel better," Belladonna nodded, "I have the guys here and there will be one dog for each of you."

"Okay," Erica smiled, "If you are sure." Belladonna nodded and Erica nodded, "Alright."

"Bye Mommy, bye Daddies, see waiter," Calla Lilly said coming back downstairs all dressed with her backpack on and her bracelet and necklace on. "Wub you."

"We love you," they said in unison.

"Have lots of fun," Belladonna said hugging her tightly. "We will see you soon. Love you."

"I'll send tons of pictures," Jessica said as they walked out the door.

"You are doing so well with her leaving without you," Nathan smiled. "You aren't crying anymore. We are proud of you."

"I know she's safe thanks to all of you," She smiled turning away from the window now that she couldn't see the car anymore. "Well, what are we going to do now?"