Chapter 2

"No, Ankh, I absolutely refuse. You are already helping me out so much, I won't."

The men quit talking as the watched the woman shake her head and hold her daughter's hand as they emerged from the back. Uncle followed behind rolling his eyes.

"And I am telling you to take it, Nightshade. Listen to me Little Girl," he said as he followed her over to the cash register. She turned and glared at him causing him to chuckle, "I said to take it, you still aren't too old for me to pull you over my knees and spank you for not listening to me." He dropped his voice but it was still loud enough for the men to hear. "You need to save your money to get a place for you and Calla Lilly, Belladonna, now that you left that asshole. Please, just take my card and get some stuff for you and her since I don't have anything for the both of you at the apartment. No one has been in it since you last visited before you had her. Save your money, take the card, please listen to me on this."

Belladonna sighed and rolled her eyes as she took the card, "You better be glad I love you so much Ankh," She said as she leaned over and kissed his cheek. "You are the best parent a girl could ever have." Calla Lilly started rubbing her eyes and Belladonna picked her up. "Can I just get something from here for tonight and go shopping tomorrow? She's exhausted and you know how much I hate shopping. My nerves are shot and it's just too much right now, Ankh."

"Can I suggest something?" Uncle asked as he leaned against the counter.

"What?" She asked as she started Mommy swaying Calla Lilly.

"One of my nephews absolutely loves shopping, he thrives on it," Uncle smirked knowing Gabe was listening intently. "What if I give Gabe my card and have him do all the shopping for you? All he will need to know is her size and what she loves and he will take care of any and everything she will ever need. Will that work?"

"Are you sure Ankh?" Belladonna asked nervously.

Uncle chuckled, "Absolutely."

"Okay," She nodded, "Thank you Ankh."

"Quit thanking me Nightshade, that's what family does for one another. I'm just sorry I never knew what your parents were doing to you. I would have taken you away from all that if I knew."

"Don't worry about it Ankh," She smiled up at him. "You saved me from them when it mattered."

"Anyway, enough of this kind of talk," He cleared his throat and took the card back from her. He gently placed his hand on her back and led her over to the group. "Hey Boys."

"Hey Uncle," They said in unison.

"Gabe, I need your help with something," He smiled as Gabe's eyes lit up.

"You are finally going to let me go shopping for you?" He asked excitedly.

"Better than that," Uncle smirked. "The girls are going to be staying in the apartment but there is nothing there for them." He held his card out to him, "Would you like to go get stuff for them for the apartment please?"

"Are you fucking serious?" Gabe asked excitedly.

"Language," Owen and Uncle said at the same time.

"Sorry," Gabe rolled his eyes, "Anyway, the works?"

"Yes," Uncle nodded and Gabe pushed his plate away. He turned to Belladonna, "Tell Gabe what Flower is into so he knows what to look for. I have to go greet these customers. I will swing by and check on everything later, Nightshade. I'm glad you two are here," he said kissing the top of Belladonna's head then walked away.

Gabe beamed, "So tell me about the two of you, what do you need? What do you like? Everything."

"I'm fine, I have stuff in my car," She smiled softly down at her daughter, "I guess since Ankh is being so persistent, if you can find a white or pink toddler bed for her that will be great."

"Nope, won't do," Gabe shook his head, "She will not have something so plain. What does she like playing with? Does she watch cartoons? What are her favorite? Come on you have to give me a better challenge than that."

"Oh no I couldn't," She shook her head, "Really, I'm only staying with Ankh for a little bit."

"Already being difficult with them I see," Uncle chuckled as he walked by. "Gabe lives for a challenge. Come on Nightshade, make it difficult for him. Besides I need stuff for you for when you come back to visit me in the future. This just makes it easier for you to stay longer on your visits, you will already have stuff here for the both of you."

"I guess that makes sense," She sighed in defeat. She turned back to the group and looked up at Gabe shyly. "It will just be easier for you to go with white or pink for her. You won't be able to find any furniture of her favorite shows, I've looked."

"What are they?" the one named Luke asked curiously. "Why wouldn't you be able to find them?"

"She loves to watch the Care Bears and My Little Pony that I grew up watching," She said as she continued Mommy swaying her daughter even after she fell asleep in her arms. "She doesn't like the new version of the shows and they don't have furniture in those classic themes."

"Oh," Luke said watching the wheels turning in Gabe's head.

"Nightshade, have you ate yet today?" Uncle called out and they noticed how she tensed up for a second then bit her lip.