Chapter 31

"How the fuck did he find out?" Gabe shouted.

"He's in prison, he shouldn't have rights!" Nathan shouted.

"How did this happen?" Luke asked.

"There has to be a way to prevent this, Uncle," North growled.

"I kill him," Raven growled, "I professional Russian."

"You would have to get to the prison first Raven," Corey shook his head. "Your Kitten needs you right now, you can't do that."

"Give Kitten," Raven growled and North gently lifted her off his lap.

"You...pr...pr...promised Ankh," Belladonna sobbed as she dug her nails into Raven's back. "Y...y...you...pr...promised."

"I know," Uncle nodded. "I never thought he would find out, Nightshade. I swear, I never thought this would happen."

"Belladonna," Owen said walking over to Raven. "Look at me please." She lifted her head and sniffled. "Do you trust me? Trust us?"

"Y...y...yes," She hiccupped.

"Do you have faith in us?" He asked gently.

"Y...yes," She hiccupped.

"Then try and calm down," He said softly yet firmly. "I will take care of everything. I need you to be strong and don't ask any questions from now on about this matter. The less you know, the better right now. I promise I will explain later but right now I need you to just trust us that we will take care of everything, okay?" She nodded and he smiled that millimeter smile of his. "Words, Belladonna."

"I...tr...trust...a...all...o...of you," She sniffled and hiccupped.

"Good girl," He smiled softly. "Dry your tears and go to a soothing spa treatment with Mr. Coleman, I mean Gabriel, while I get started on handling this."

"Yes Sir," She sniffled and held her arms out.

He took her in his arms and hugged her tightly, "Thank you for trusting me on this," he whispered in her ear. "I swear I will take care of this."

"Thank you Owen," She whispered back then pulled away and kissed him softly.

"Go try and relax Darling," He commanded and she nodded then went and hugged all of them.

"Come on Trouble," Gabriel said picking her up. "Let's go Victor. Time to pamper your Princess."

"I'll be right there," Victor said as Gabe led her out of the diner. He pulled out a card and handed it to Owen, "Just in case you need to use my name."

"Thank you," Owen nodded taking the card then Victor walked out after Gabriel. He turned to the remaining group and Uncle. "Here's the plan."

Two days passed and Belladonna was full of nerves. Her anxiety was through the roof. "Calm down Darling," Owen whispered in her ear as they pulled up to the courthouse. "Let me handle everything and then we can go home and celebrate our daughter's birthday, okay?"

"I'm trying," She whispered as she tightened her grip on his hand. "I promise I'm trying."

"I know," He nodded then turned her to face him. "I need you to keep trusting me, okay? No matter what is said in there, I need you to just go along with it and show no shocked emotions okay? The judge has to believe that what I am about to show him is old information, do you understand me, Belladonna? You can't seem shocked one bit."

"I understand Owen," She nodded, "No shocked emotion, no emotion at all."

"I promise once we get through this and get home, I'll help you let it all out so you can enjoy our daughter's birthday" He promised pulling her into a hug. "I promise."

"Thank you, Owen," She whispered into his chest. She cleared her throat and took a deep breath. "Okay, let's get this over with."

"There's our strong wife," He gave her his millimeter smile making her feel safe. They walked into the courthouse and he squeezed her hand before letting go.

She forced herself to not look at the man on the other side of the room with a malicious smile on his face as he watched her. She sat next to Owen and he gently squeezed her thigh then spun her bracelet and she slowly let out the breath she was holding as she felt it spin, gently reminding her where she belonged, comfort filled her as he removed his hand and put it on the table.

The judge walked in and everyone stood. "Good day, let's start. This is for the request of paternity of one Calla Lilly Coleman."

"Yes, Your Honor," Both Owen and the other lawyer said at the same time.

"Begin," The judge said looking at everyone with no emotion on his face. If Belladonna had to take a guess he didn't want to be here or hear any of this. Her mind was racing and it took everything in her to show no emotion as well as not collapse right then and there. She just wanted this to be over with already.