Chapter 16

"Ankh," Belladonna whispered shaking Uncle awake. "Someone's coming."

"Stay here," Uncle said instantly waking up and grabbing the gun beside him. A couple of moments later he came back down smiling, "it's Doc and Owen, they are wanting to make sure you are okay."

"We are fine," She whispered looking down at her sleeping daughter.

"Let them check just to ease their minds, okay?" Uncle asked and she nodded.

"Hey Pookie," Sean whispered as he came down into the room.

"Hello Sean," She whispered without looking away from Calla Lily. "She is fine other than a tiny cut on her neck. She's been sleeping ever since Silas got her to sleep watching the waves looking for whales."

"And you?" Sean asked coming over to them.

"I'm fine," She whispered running her fingers through her daughter's hair. "Startled but I'm okay."

"Can we turn on the light and look please?" Owen asked and she nodded after making sure it wouldn't wake Calla Lily. After a few moments Sean sighed in relief. "Thank you for letting us see for ourselves."

"I understand," She whispered getting back into bed with Calla Lily, bringing her closer to her chest. "Do I want to know?"

"No," Owen shook his head, "All you need to know is that he will never hurt you or her ever again."

"I do need to speak with you about something he admitted but now is not the time," Sean admitted after a few seconds of silence.

"Stay with her Owen," She whispered getting out of the bed. "I need to know."

"Belladonna, I really don't think now is the time," Sean said following her out of the cabin. She froze for a second seeing the rest of the group on the boat talking to Uncle. They grew quiet seeing her.

"Darling, Dr. Green is right," Owen said gently putting his hand on her lower back. "We can discuss this at another time."

"No," She shook her head, "I need to know. If I'm ever going to learn to trust you and move past whatever happened tonight, I need to know what he admitted to you." She went over to Uncle and stood in front of him. "Do you know?"

"No," He answered honestly. "They were just telling me that he will no longer be bothering you and evidence of what they did has been taken care of."

She stared into his eyes for a few moments then nodded. She turned to face the group and grabbed Uncle's hands into hers. "Tell me."

"If you insist," Sean nodded, "But I want you to fully understand that I do agree with you knowing at this moment, if I had my way it would be at a more stable moment. I fear you may slip."

"I understand," She nodded, "But I have Ankh, I will be okay."

"Show her," Axel sighed and Corey shook his head but did a few things on his phone then paused. "We aren't showing you the video footage, just listen."

She nodded and he pressed a button on the phone.

"You fucking asshole," Jesse seethed. "You are seriously doing this over a worthless bitch that won't even give it up to you?"

"I suggest you watch what you say about her," Owen's voice answered back.

"I can say whatever the fuck I want about her," Jesse's voice came back, "I'll even prove you are wasting your time with her. The only way you will be able to get anything from her is if you drug her, she refuses to give it up because of that stupid brat of hers. She's too fucked up and only good for maid services."

"Oh my god," Belladonna covered her mouth, raced to the side of the boat and threw up. Uncle held her hair back and gently supported her. Once she was done she leaned back and collapsed into his arms. "I thought I was just paranoid and imagining things," She mumbled into his chest after he turned her around and held her against him.

"What do you mean Nightshade?" He asked gently while watching the men closely. He could see the rage burning in them.

"There were so many nights that I don't remember, just black out spots," She mumbled. "The pain is what convinced me I wasn't crazy. I found a female doctor that believed me but I couldn't prove anything. She put this thing inside me and promised me I would never get pregnant by him."

"An IUD," Sean nodded, "Depending on which one, it could be five years or more."

"She said ten," Belladonna whispered then pushed away, leaned over the boat again and began getting sick again. "No more, please no more, no more," She moaned as Uncle picked her up and held her once she was done.

"Never again, Nightshade," He whispered. "I'm so sorry, I failed you, I'm so sorry."

She froze and looked up at him in shock, "You didn't fail me Ankh, you saved me again." She wrapped her arms around him and sniffled, "I thought I was imagining things and going crazy again, you promised you would never put me back and you haven't. You keep supporting me no matter how much I mess up and fail you. You are still here saving me over and over."

"Always," He mumbled into her hair. "You haven't failed me, Belladonna. You keep being strong and making me proud. I'll always be here for you, for all eternity. I promise it will never happen again."

"No, it won't," She shook her head, "I'll be alone for the rest of my life," She swore, "Only me and Calla Lily forever."

"Not forever," Uncle spoke softly looking at the group who were forcing themselves to remain quiet. "One day you will find the right ones for you, and they will show you how to believe in love again."

"No," She said muffled into his chest while clinging to him, "Never."