Enchanting Grom Fright

King was watching videos on Luz's phone while she was using a magnifying glass to look at a flower.

"Come on! Work this time." Luz replicates the plant glyph, activating it and gasping as a flower successfully grows, "Yes! Check it out, King! My glyph skills are blossoming!"

"You think that's impressive? Check this out! Two warriors battling to the death!" King exclaims as two cats meow on the phone. One prepares to pounce on the other, but falls on its back.

Luz looks at the open portal door, "Ah. I see we're getting enough Wi-Fi through the portal for cat videos."

"Senseless violence. Yes, attack! Death is your god!"

"I regret teaching you about the Internet."

"Hah! What possible regrets could come from the Internet? Oh! Did you know that the Earth is actually flat?" King asks.

"Yep, that's not right." Luz takes her phone back as it vibrates. She gets a text reading, "How's camp today, cariño? <3, Mamá.". She gulps as she starts typing "I", "I'm", and "It" before deleting them and sending a thumbs-up emoji, "Good enough."

"Ah, a severed hand!" King looks over her shoulder, "Perfect response."

Luz flops down on the couch and puts a pillow on her face, "Ugh! What am I supposed to say?" she sits up, ""Hey, Mom, not at camp actually! I'm in the demon realm learning to be a witch! Also, did you know demons and magic are real?" She. Will. End me."

"Nah, she'd be freaked out by our world anyway. So actually, by keeping the truth from her, you're doing her a favor!" King points out.

"Hm. The demon on my shoulder makes a good point."

"Always trust a shoulder demon!" King takes the phone from her.

Cerise walks down the stairs, the witch levitating her books as she holds some garment bags in her hands, "Luz, come on! We gotta get to school! There's a special occasion that I need to talk with you about!"

"Ooh! Garment bags!" Luz exclaims excitedly.

Hooty opens the door, "Hoot hoot, Luz! Time to fill up that darling little head of yours with..." he regurgitates a stack of books onto the ground, "Mm-mm! Delicious knowledge!"

Gus and Willow look in from the doorway.

"Please hurry!"

"The more I look at him, the more uncomfortable I get."

"Hoot hoot!"

"Hehe." Luz fingerguns them before kissing King's head, "Don't spend all day watching MewTube, 'kay?"

"I forge my own path!" King calls out to her as the two leave with their friends. On the phone screen, a fluffy black cat chases its tail, making him snicker, "What a dum-dum." his tail starts to wag and he tries to catch it but flops on the couch after a second, "Ugh. Who has the energy?"

...

The spider kindergarten teacher decorates the halls with streamers, "Coming through! Watch your heads!"

The halls were decked out with balloons made of abomination goop and other decorations as Cerise, Luz, Gus, and Willow enter.

"Something's different today. Did everyone get a haircut?" Luz asks.