A Lying Witch and a Warden

A witch with green hair backflips onto a cliff, holding her staff as she glares up at a large purple snake.

"Foolish child! I could swallow you whole!" the snake hisses.

"Do not underestimate me, Gildersnake, for I am the Good Witch Azura, warrior of peace!" she poses for a moment in silence before dropping into a battle stance and holding her staff like a bazooka, "Now eat this, sucka!" she fires blasts that hit the snake.

"No! My only weakness: dying!" Gildersnake collapses.

...

"And that's the end." Luz, a fourteen-year-old girl with tan skin, purplish-brown/brownish-purple, short, pixie cut hair, and hazel eyes, holds up a doll of Azura in one hand and a green snake in the other.

"The end of what?" Camila, the girl's mother, asks as the principal raised an eyebrow.

"My book report." Luz answers as the snake hisses and bites the Azura doll, "I think I knocked it out of the park."

"Your book report is why you're in here." Principal Hal gestures to the door, where two students ran by screaming as snakes bite their heads.

"Oh. That's where the backup snakes were." Luz smiles.

"And what were you going to do with this?" Camila holds up several firecrackers that were tied together.

"That was for the Act Three closer." Luz looks down.

"Mija, I love your creativity, but it's gotten out of hand. Do you remember why you were in the principal's office the last three times?" Camila asks to remind her.

...

Luz auditions for Juliet in the school play.

"O happy dagger, give me death!" Luz stabs the spork she was holding into her torso before tearing her dress to make several links of sausages fall out. Everyone else on stage screams and runs away.

...

Luz sews a pigeon head onto a squirrel's body on a platform that was labelled, "Baby Griffin", "Now for the final anatomically correct touch, spider breath." she opens the model's beak as many spiders come out of the mouth, crawling over her and the table while the others in the room screamed in terror and threw objects everywhere.

...

During cheerleading tryouts, a girl with blonde hair with a streak of pink in it successfully does a backflip as the other students applaud.

"You think that's an impressive trick?" Luz throws her pom-poms to the side, "Take a look at this." she turns around and reveals that she flipped her eyelids inside out, "Bleep, bloop, bleep!"

Everyone else screams and runs, one person gagging.

...

"We all love that you express yourself, but if you can't learn to separate fantasy from reality, you may need to spend the summer here." Camila pulls out a pamphlet for Reality Check Summer Camp.

Luz takes it reluctantly, "Don't worry, Mom. I won't let you down." she stands up triumphantly, "No more weirdness!"  the snake in Luz's hand suddenly jumps out and bites the principal, making him fall to the ground with a yell as the snake hisses, "That doesn't count, right?"

...

Luz stands in front of her house, looking disappointed.

Camila comes out of the house, "Oh! Oh, my baby!" she hugs her daughter, "Now, don't worry. Summer camp is only going to be for three months. You'll be so busy balancing checkbooks and learning to...appreciate public radio, the time will fly by!"