Hooty's Moving Hassle

Eda and Owlbert were playing a card game while Cerise, Luz, and King watched. Eda shuffles her hand, the eyes on the cards looking up at her. Owlbert, wearing a green visor, narrows his eyes and hoots.

"Watch closely, girls. Hexes Hold'em is the most tricky game on the Boiling Isles. Any proper witch knows how to play."

"Oh boy, cards! The paper rectangles that old people think are fun!" Luz exclaims.

"Not just old people." Cerise told her, "I play Spider Solitaire."

Eda puts a card down on the table, lightning coming from the cards as Owlbert flies for cover behind the side of the table. The cards all stand and roar, Owlbert's surging forward and attacking Eda's making him smirk.

"Now when it looks like the deck is stacked against you, that's when you break out the wildcard." she holds up a card with a tower on it, the card flowing green as Owlbert's cards disappear in a flash of fire. Fiery letters spell out, "WINNER: EDA"

Owlbert hops back on the table and hoots at Eda, his wings extended.

"Woo, I win! In your adorable owl face. Ah, I love the feeling of victory; it feels...fluffy?" Eda raises an eyebrow as feathers grow from her arms.

"Oh, no!" Cerise covers her mouth.

"Uh, Eda?" Luz points at her arms, "It's happening again!"

"What's happening again?"

"Your curse is returning!" King points.

Eda yelps as she notices the feathers.

...

Eda opens a chest, noticing that the bottles in there are empty, "Oh, boy. This is terrible. I'm out of elixir."

"Uh, last time this happened, you turned into this thing." Luz holds up her phone, a picture of the Owl Beast on screen.

"Yeah, I don't think we need a reminder, Luz." Cerise told her.

"I know I should be repulsed, but that look is fierce." Eda pats her hair.

"Eda!"

"You're right, you're right. We need to head to the market."

"Market!" Luz exclaims, standing up as she starts to leave.

"I'm gonna browse and see if there's anything I like." Cerise follows after her.

King follows them, "I'm gonna steal everything that's not nailed down!"

"Before we go, would anyone like to play one more hand of Hexes Hold'em?" Eda pats her pocket before realizing, "Hey, where are my cards?!"

Luz hides them behind her back and hands the deck to Owlbert, "Take these and fly ahead. She'll have to follow us."

"You got this." Cerise pats his head gently as Owlbert takes the deck and flies off.

"Owlbert, you sore loser, gimme back my cards!" Eda runs after him.

...